Sparse infill path extrusion width

Ultim - Yoann

Sparse infill path extrusion width

Post by Ultim - Yoann »

Hello Everybody,

It is useful to adjust the spacing of the sparse infill path segments according to the infill extrusion width to avoid an overflow of material when infill extrusion width is significantly higher than extrusion width. Otherwise use extrusion width and not infill extrusion width for sparse infill path.

Isn't it ?
Attachments
Adjuste width.jpg
inventabuild

Re: Sparse infill path extrusion width

Post by inventabuild »

Ultim - Yoann wrote:Hello Everybody,

It is useful to adjust the spacing of the sparse infill path segments according to the infill extrusion width to avoid an overflow of material when infill extrusion width is significantly higher than extrusion width. Otherwise use extrusion width and not infill extrusion width for sparse infill path.

Isn't it ?
Are you recommending an integer multiple between the two? Not sure exactly what "adjust ...according to" means.
Ultim - Yoann

Re: Sparse infill path extrusion width

Post by Ultim - Yoann »

Hi,

After some tests I've realized that the extrusion width for the "sparse infill path" is the one entered in the field "infill extrusion width".

However the paths of "sparse infill path" are not spaced according to this value ("infill extrusion width"). I rather feel that they are spaced according to the value of "extrusion width or something else. This is why there has a potentially overflow of material in the route of the" infill sparse patch "when" infill extrusion width "is significantly higher to" extrusion width ".

I recommend spacing the paths of the route "sparse infill path" proportionally to the value "infill extrusion width" or assign the value of "extrusion width" for extrusion in "sparse infill path"

Sorry I do not speak a lot English but I hope you had understood me.

Après quelques essais je me suis rendu compte que la largeur d'extrusion pour le "sparse infill path" est celui-ci renseigné dans le champ "infill extrusion width".
Cependant les chemins du "sparse infill path" ne sont pas espacés en fonction de cette valeur ("infill extrusion width"). j'ai plutôt l'impression qu'ils sont espacés en fonction de la valeur d'extrusion width ou de quelque chose d'autres. c'est pour cela qu'il y a un potentiellement un débordement de matière dans le tracé du "sparse infill patch" lorsque "infill extrusion width" est nettement supérieure à "extrusion width".
Je recommande d'espacer les chemins du tracé "sparse infill path" proportionnellement à la valeur " infill extrusion width" ou d'assigner la valeur d'extrusion width" pour l'extrusion lors de "sparse infill path"
Désole-je ne parle pas beaucoup anglais mais j'espère que vous m'avait compris.