Feature Requests for next CubeitMod Version

jonny.m

Feature Requests for next CubeitMod Version

Post by jonny.m »

Hello All

Before I continue to finalize my work on CubeitMod I wanted to get some Input if there is anything that you would like to have included, changed or removed from the Postprocessor. Especially the Message that shows up once CubeitMod has finished its magic. Tell me what you think is neccessary, nice to have or useless. For example the M227/M228 S&P values at the moment are displayed as they are written to the file, not as you have entered them into Kisslicer. Wouldn't it be better to have the values as they have been entered in Kisslicer for comparison to make sure they are set as you wanted them?
Any Input is welcome, but I can not promise that it will find its way into CubeitMod.

For those who didn't follow the other thread a small recap:

CubeitMod491 has some serious speed issues when printing Infill and Solid, minor issues with first layer printing if the Bed Roughness function of Kisslicer is used. Some of these issues were related to bugs in the code, others to the calculation of the printing speed for Solid and Infill. The formula that is used to correct for the relatively low acceleration of the Cubex is set up very well but allows very high speeds for short printing paths on thin layers. The Speed that has been set in Kisslicer will be multiplied by 10 for 0.1mm Layers, by 5 for 0.2mm Layers and by 2 for 0.5mm Layers. Due to a bug in the code, no matter what Layer Thickness, all speeds have been multiplied by 10 for specific range of pathlengths. The Safe Mode version removed the speed issues for Solid and Infill but on the other hand disabled the adjustment of Solid% and Infill%. This, and because CubeitMod491 can not be used with the newest Kisslicer Version (1.5Beta2.20) were the reasons why I started digging arround in CubeitMod.

Changes so far (CubeitModV5B4):

Updated to work with Kisslicer 1.5 Beta 2.20
Fixed bugs for Infill, Solid and First Layer Speeds
Limit the maximum Speed to a value the User can choose
Ability to run in Safe Mode with no corrections for Solid and Infill
User-Access to the variables of the calculation used to correct the low acceleration of Cubex (only recommended for experienced users)

Regards,
Tobi
Hugues

Re: Feature Requests for next CubeitMod Version

Post by Hugues »

For really small solid part like top and bottom layers of a 3 mm circle where you have 2 or 3 loop, parts are over extruded in solid. Cubeitmod are working on speed but on those parts it's not enough to get a clean aspect whatever speed are setup due to the acceleration limitation.
If think it hard to find this kind of surface in a gcode but the only way to get them clean would be to reduce rpm extrusion instead of speed.
It could be a lenght calculation of each line in solid to determine the surface.

What do you think?
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com