header for new celebrity touted recycling printer

naldarn

header for new celebrity touted recycling printer

Post by naldarn »

Has anyone been able to find a header that would work for the Cube 3 variant that has been touted as a recycling printer using pet plastic? If needed, I would be willing to supply any info I can, since I do have access to one. I have been able to use kisslicer with the Cube 2nd edition single extruder, but cannot get the Cube 3 to accept any files I have run.
Epop

Re: header for new celebrity touted recycling printer

Post by Epop »

Have you tried the headers in the CubePro Gcode thread?

What's the message it's giving you(if any)?
3D Systems - CubePro Trio (triple head printer)
--Modified to RepRap standards using Duet and the x4 expansion
-e3d Kraken, heated bed added.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
naldarn

Post by naldarn »

The software returns a Bad File error, but have not tried on the printer.

I used the finetune file from this post to test:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=97&start=40#p1375

Also, not sure it is a cubepro compatible printer, it looks like a cube 3. 2 extruders, non-heated bed, non-heated enclosure.
Epop

Post by Epop »

"The software" ? are you trying to send through wifi using Cube slicer? and... It sounds like you're not encoding it using CodeX... CubePro & its slicer will give that error to any file that is not encoded to *.cubepro

You're also taking a risk running a file written for another machine. size/limits/bin wipe are in different locations.

I don't think the differences would be that great, through researching, guys with more experience than I have said "the hardware/circuit board is a cubeX in a box with a space heater"
finetune-ext1 one mat.zip
This is a CubePro file that will theoretically run on CubeX- its going to be dumb, but I don't know where your bin is so its going to do a 'wipe' but dump filament on the bed.
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Its better to get Kisslicer exporting files that are 'CubeX' but this might tell you if it'd work in the firstplace. be ready to kill the power... just in case.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
naldarn

Post by naldarn »

The software it Cubify, and I open any file I create with kisslicer and cubex in it to do a quick check to see if the file will be recognized.

It may not recognize the file, and is a quick test, but I have to take the files elsewhere to load them on the printer.

I am not sure what header is correct for use in kissslicer, so any help would be appreciated as there are many header files in the other forum posts to choose from.
Epop

Post by Epop »

The best way is to use CodeX to decode one of the 'good' files from your machine and copy the header from that and paste it in Kisslicer 'prefix' code.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
naldarn

Post by naldarn »

finetune_2.zip
File includes decode using both cubex and cubepro as well as good file from cubify
(568.55 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
I have tried to decode a file, but all I get is jibberish. Looks like codex only changes the file extension.
naldarn

Post by naldarn »

xml.zip
(626 Bytes) Downloaded 557 times
I was able to retrieve some clear text out of a good build file for the printer, and it looks like it uses a xml file for the printer, and encrypts the gcode. I do not know much about xml files and if another tool besides CodeX should be used to decode to clear text the build files, and to encode them after kissslicer to be understood by the printer.