feature suggestion : for visualisation area

NE0

feature suggestion : for visualisation area

Post by NE0 »

Hopefully I'm posting in the right area as a I assume Jonathaon frequents this area on a regular basis or at least occasionally.
Just my thoughts on a couple of enhancements which may help....

I've noticed that the visualisation area grid squares are 1cm squares, and are representative of the values in 'bed size' under printer tab.
I think if would be useful (for me anyway!) if Z scale was also represented.
It could be that one of the 'cube' uprights in the visualisation had 1 cm scale on it or indeed if a 3d cube grid could be displayed in faint lines or maybe an upright rule which could be placed against the model perhaps with a 'marker' to indicate the height of the model?
It doesn't have to be ON all the time, perhaps a button option to show/hide?

Of course the z scale could be shown if the model was displayed in orthographic view.
so while we're on the subect perhaps the option to display the model in both perspective and parallel projection a bit like how Autocad enables the user to switch between the two.

anyway, its a great little program well done jonathon.
Ps I won't be offended if you tell me to take a hike! the above is more of a suggestion than a request :D
lonesock

Re: feature suggestion : for visualisation area

Post by lonesock »

No hiking needed. [8^)

Regarding the height of a model, it is shown on the model tab. If you mouse-over the model tab it should show you the bounding-box dimensions. Did you need more info than that?

Jonathan