Z Height problems

Ros

Z Height problems

Post by Ros »

Hi,

Less than month ago I purchased from Cubexupgrade.com, Z-Stopper unit, and it works like a charm until today...
1 Week passed since my last print, and today when I tried the manual move, the print bed didn't go up, down woks fine :?: , well I tried to unplug the power cord for a while and replug with no results, and then, I unplugged the grey wire that goes from the motherboard to the Z-Stopper board (see picture).
And surprise, manual move works again, obviously without Z Top limit, but I know the hardware (CubeX Board and motor) is OK, right?
If I replug the grey wire, again the print bed didn't goes up.

Any clue?? Need to print some pieces soon.

WTW another strange symptom that I never noticed, is if I move the carriage manually, the front +X limit and +Y didn't work, the carriage hits the structure with pain noise :(, and sometimes the -X limit works and other not.
toranarod

Re: Z Height problems

Post by toranarod »

Hi
I am the designer of the stop.
One issue I have come across is the optical detector Breaker they initially drift then settle down Its been hard to get constant optical breakers I check them all before shipping.
All you need to do is go to the manual menu look and see if the Z is trigger. Adjust the small trim pot on the board until the z symbol dispersers then keep tuning one and a half turns in the same direction. reset the Z height. :idea: IS the red Led on the optical detector ON and as bright as it was before.
Attachments
PT1X4.jpg
PT1X4.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Ros

Re: Z Height problems

Post by Ros »

Hi Rodney,

I just reajusted the sensor and works again!
Thanks