Is this community still alive?

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum
dniezby

Is this community still alive?

Post by dniezby »

I'm asking this because I don't see more than like 3 posts from 2023...everything else is for more than a year or two ago.

I'm new to KS and need to know where I can find the best support. Also...is this still in development? I saw a board for discuss Alpha release but that's like years ago.
Dorje

Re: Is this community still alive?

Post by Dorje »

Last release was in November last year. New one was expected last month (if I read it right), but we're still waiting.
You won't see as many releases here as with other slicers, but then, the quality on print here is so good, you don't need much else :)
dniezby

Post by dniezby »

I have seen that this slicer is quite impressive over others. First, I don't need to have OpenGL so I could use it on my system...Which is a Surface Pro XP. So that is a game changer for me.

I just wish there were more recent tutorials on all these settings and how to make the best improvements.

I'm literally a day 2 3D printer and finding a slicer that worked on my computer plus learning all these settings has been quite the battle.

What I've seen so far with Kiss has been amazing and comparing it to the "popular" ones (You know, the one the cool kids use), I think it is far superior to them. I cannot wait to see what is coming...As long as I know it is still being developed.

Once I learn how to do some of these things, I think I'll make some videos to get the word out about this project. Promotion of Kiss Slicer is sorely lacking.
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

I am here.. was here whenever it was open.. and i hope it gets more lively. New Version is a good base for improvements.