Support for Bridge Settings

inventabuild

Re: Support for Bridge Settings

Post by inventabuild »

Hello Peter,

Thanks for testing.

1. Does it make sense that 1.7 does better than 2.0?
2. Will 1.7 adversely affect top surface quality vs something like 0.2?
3. It seems to me bridging needs to be fixed in KISSlicer. Is this something Jonathan is working on?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Hi.

1. Yes, I think it does. Too much overlap is as bad as too little.
2. Yes, but using 0.2 for the top surface really doesn't seem enough.
3. It's on the fault list (rather than wish list); I can't really say any more (only because I don't know :( )

There is something not right with the overlap settings, and that is also on the fault list, so I hope Jonathan will get round to it asap.

Peter
McNugget6750

Post by McNugget6750 »

Back in the skeinforge days (2011) this was done similar to this picture (seemingly active Cura development)
Source: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/1177

I believe this is what the original author of this thread was trying to explain. I plus one this! Bridges made up of an initial layer of simple straight lines would help immensely making prints more reliable and less post processing intensive.
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

I was reading this post to understand how to configure the bridge settings for my printer Flsun SR, I am trying but I find a lot of difficulty with the parameters, you can tell me where to put your hand on Kisslicer to configure the bridge parameters and if there is the possibility to make only The first layer with simple lines like the photo above?