KISSlicer and KisslicerTalk Update

ufoDziner

Re: KISSlicer and KisslicerTalk Update

Post by ufoDziner »

Not trying to be a "Negative Nancy", but does this mean that there will be regular updates coming? Being assured that the code is being worked on doesn't help much if it's years between releases. The other slicers have far surpassed KISSlicer in features and are basically head to head in print quality. I switched away from KISSlicer Premium just to get current features (place parts on the plate where I desire, variable vertical infill density in a curved part, etc...). Would love to go back, but I need a little more assurance that more is actually coming. Thanks
pjr

Post by pjr »

ufoDziner wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 19:57 Not trying to be a "Negative Nancy", but does this mean that there will be regular updates coming? Being assured that the code is being worked on doesn't help much if it's years between releases. The other slicers have far surpassed KISSlicer in features and are basically head to head in print quality. I switched away from KISSlicer Premium just to get current features (place parts on the plate where I desire, variable vertical infill density in a curved part, etc...). Would love to go back, but I need a little more assurance that more is actually coming. Thanks
Hi and thanks for your comments.

No this doesn't mean there will be "regular" updates. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone could promise that.

I do know that Jonathan works on Kisslicer every week and updates will be released when they are ready. The time between updates will depend on the complexity of the features that are included.

I think this is a realistic viewpoint, even though it may not be what you want to hear.

Peter
dniezby

Post by dniezby »

I'm using 2a 2.0.6

Is there a newer version available somewhere?
Dorje

Post by Dorje »

On the main web site kisslicer.com - 22.11 is the newest. has a different GUI from the alpha you are using, so be prepared for changes (slicing quality still great).
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

Nice too finally see something new. I was really reluctant to tell my students about this perfect slicer , no knowing it will proceed .

I am working with it ( V22.11 Windows ) just now and found what i need quickly. I hope we can now request features and improvements which will hopefully come to live..

I make a post on a very few wishes..

Harry
Premium User since early times of KISSSlicer
motley

Post by motley »

I am also very pleased to see Kisslicer is still alive and well - I have been trying other slicers but it remains my favourite.
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

motley wrote: 03 May 2023, 04:37 I am also very pleased to see Kisslicer is still alive and well - I have been trying other slicers but it remains my favourite.
I fully agree, even if it has an old look, I find the affection engine very good.