Prusa "original" Mk3 Profiles (single filament)

Prusa Printers
pjr

Prusa "original" Mk3 Profiles (single filament)

Post by pjr »

Hi Guys

Having just received and build my Mk3, I have now added profiles to my FTP site. Downloads are available from this page: http://www.kisslicer.com/preconfigured-profiles.html (is currently does not mention the Mk3, but they are there...).

The profiles are set up for Printer, PLA (including Preload and Linear Advance - both set for PR filament), and a variety of styles (including variable layer height) and support. These were generated using firmware 3.2.0 alpha where LA has been re-enabled.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

As soon as the MMU V2 arrives, I will have a look at setting up profiles for that as well.

Peter
pjr

Re: Prusa "original" Mk3 Profiles (single filament)

Post by pjr »

FWIW, quick note regarding Linear Advance in firmware 3.2.0 alpha:

Seems that using both Preload and LA has issues. Skipping at start of sector, so it seems to be overloading the extruder or missing steps.

Printing via OctoPrint; sending "M900 K0" during a print immediately stops the extruder skipping.

My feeling is that LA may not be respecting the firmware limits, but I am probably very wrong...

Peter
drracer

Post by drracer »

The original Linear Advance 1.0 didn't respect E-jerk settings.
If you are interested, you can have a look at the brand new FW 3.9 beta which has Linear Advance 1.5 backported and improved from Marlin 2.
I'd like to hear if there is any improvement with LA15 and Preload ... or even any issues - we'll try to fix that ;) . Thank you.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Why do the links to the profiles no longer work? It says I do not have access to the system. I am trying to get a good working profile for my i3 MK3S but cannot seem to find one anywhere. I am using the newest version of KS and it seems to have random pauses in many places.
Deep_Orange

Post by Deep_Orange »

Also looking for updated Prusa Mk3 profiles.
Please share link here.