Alpha Development

StrannikZet

Re: Alpha Development

Post by StrannikZet »

Of course, I would like to hear the author of the project. That everything is really okay.
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

Very interesting, if there will be a person who wants to buy the program the author will answer ? :)
On the program page the program is sold and there are no restrictions on its purchase.
malcinator

Post by malcinator »

I have invested many hours working with Kisslicer and would hate to have to move to another Slicer, no idea which one. I have previously spent many hours using Simplify3d and although it still work on macOS its doesn't seem to be actively being developed either. Ideamaker looks to me where the development of Simplify3d is actively taking place but I don't like the interface etc. Which really only leaves PrusaSlicer or SuperSlicer and I have been using them both from time to time.

I'd like to hear what other options there are to replace Kisslicer and what are views others here of migrating your profiles to another slicer?
StrannikZet

Post by StrannikZet »

malcinator wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 20:16 I have invested many hours working with Kisslicer and would hate to have to move to another Slicer, no idea which one. I have previously spent many hours using Simplify3d and although it still work on macOS its doesn't seem to be actively being developed either. Ideamaker looks to me where the development of Simplify3d is actively taking place but I don't like the interface etc. Which really only leaves PrusaSlicer or SuperSlicer and I have been using them both from time to time.

I'd like to hear what other options there are to replace Kisslicer and what are views others here of migrating your profiles to another slicer?
The current version is completely satisfactory. But the human being just wants something new. But I also bought a premium, I would like to receive the promised functionality. At the moment there is no reason to switch to other slicers. I have not found anything better than this slicer. Others either have critical errors or don't work as they should.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

I'm calling Kisslicer dead at this point, spam even sits on the forum for over 2 weeks.

i suggest SuperSlicer.
malcinator

Post by malcinator »

StrannikZet wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 02:29
malcinator wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 20:16 I have invested many hours working with Kisslicer and would hate to have to move to another Slicer, no idea which one. I have previously spent many hours using Simplify3d and although it still work on macOS its doesn't seem to be actively being developed either. Ideamaker looks to me where the development of Simplify3d is actively taking place but I don't like the interface etc. Which really only leaves PrusaSlicer or SuperSlicer and I have been using them both from time to time.

The current version is completely satisfactory. But the human being just wants something new. But I also bought a premium, I would like to receive the promised functionality. At the moment there is no reason to switch to other slicers. I have not found anything better than this slicer. Others either have critical errors or don't work as they should.
The human would like the application to function on his MacBook Pro which is running Big Sur. As it doesn’t he has little choice but to start looking for alternatives.
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

frozen.rabbit wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 13:22 I'm calling Kisslicer dead at this point, spam even sits on the forum for over 2 weeks.

i suggest SuperSlicer.
Which is also dead on delivery.. nothing happened there since mid 2020 and lot´s of unmaintained issues...
percar

Post by percar »

Ok so its been a while since any updates
Just for a remark i have just started experimenting with nylon 6/16 and i thought this would be a good time to compare the various slicers to see how friendly they were to setup on a new type of filament
Simplify 3d
Even with the settings the same as Kisslicer the prints were not very good.....I kept printing to see if I could tweak it in but it didnt work very well lots of stringing didnt matter how what dimension i put in the retract

Prusa Sic3r
Was able to get fairly good layer but still lots of stringing too a long time to dial it in
Super slicer
Was able to get fairly good layer but still lots of stringing too a long time to dial it in

Kisslicer
First go around was a bit of a mess....as the layers were set to .2-.3mm once i changed to .3mm it was perfect

Kisslicer was the winner here...I have also noticed this in other items i have printed...used Simplify because I can place supports where i want them however the rest of the print wasnt very goo...Use kisslicer all the time now unless i want to experiement
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

harrygeier wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 12:24
Which is also dead on delivery.. nothing happened there since mid 2020 and lot´s of unmaintained issues...
Nov. 23rd last update, hardly D.O.A.
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

Back on the planet .. look for 22.11 Version of Kiss