KISSlicer 1.6 Tutorial Videos and Blog

mhackney

KISSlicer 1.6 Tutorial Videos and Blog

Post by mhackney »

Hi all, I've been working on releasing KISSlicer 1.6 tutorial videos on YouTube and also posts on my blog. I've shared these with Jonathan and he encouraged me to post here.

I tag all of these with KISSlicer 1.6 and Tutorial so they should be easy to find. I'll make a second post below this one with a running index. I intend to post 2-3 new tutorials a week.

My blog is SublimeLayers
and my YouTube Channel is here. There is a KISSlicer Tutorials Playlist where I'll put these.

Note that I am also working on a Slicer Master Class series of tutorials. For now, these are not public and only accessible to my supporters on Patreon. I'm doing this as a perk for my supporters but once I reach 100 supporters I'll be making these publically available too. The plan is to add 1-2 Slicer Master Class tutorials a week. The first episode - Manipulating Extrusion Width - was posted yesterday.

Cheers,
Michael
mhackney

KISSlicer 1.6 Tutorial Videos and Blog Index

Post by mhackney »

Getting Started Sequence
  1. Blog: KISSlicer: 2 minutes and 45 seconds from launch to print for any new user
  2. YouTube: KISSlicer Tutorial: Getting Started with the WIzards
  3. YouTube: KISSlicer Tutorial: All About Speeds
  4. YouTube: KISSlicer Tutorial: Getting Loopy - All About Perimeters and Loops
  5. YouTube: KISSlicer Tutorial: Settings, Profiles and Projects - Oh My!
  6. Blog post: KISSlicer 1.6: Fractional Loops - Lunacy or Brilliance?
  7. Blog & YouTube: KISSlicer 1.6: "My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy."
  8. Tuning Wizard Mini-series
    1. YouTube: Part 1 - Getting Started and Temperature Tuning
    2. YouTube: Extruder E-step Calibration
    3. YouTube: Part 2 - Flow Rate Tuning
    4. YouTube: Part 3 - Preload Tuning
    5. YouTube: Part 4 - Destring Tuning
    6. YouTube: Part 5 - Advanced Topic: <TUNINGVAL>
  9. Blog post: Musings on Blobbing and Stringing - Part 1
  10. Blog post: Musings on Blobbing and Stringing - Part 2
PRO or Advanced Techniques Slicer Master Class Series
  1. Episode 1 - Manipulating Extrusion Width

All Blog Posts and Videos
SublimeLayers Blog KISSlicer Tutorial Videos KISSlicer 1.6 Mini-series on using the Tuning Wizards Before calibrating flow rate, Preload and destring, your extruder needs to be well calibrated. Calibrating an extruder is a bit of a chore so I developed a 3D printable fixture to hold a common digital caliper. I show how to use this to easily calibrate your extruder's E-steps. Here's the video: [url=Here's a tutorial on calibrating your extruder. I needed to complete this before publishing the KISSlicer Calibration Wizards to calibrate flow rate, Preload, and destring. All of these require a well calibrated extruder.

My technique uses a simple (and inexpensive) digital caliper and a 3D printed tool that I developed to simplify and improve the calibration process. The printable files are linked in the video's description. Here is the video: Extruder E-step Calibration
Last edited by mhackney on 25 Oct 2017, 11:55, edited 10 times in total.
paulnd

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Tutorial Videos and Blog

Post by paulnd »

Thank you, just what I was looking for!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

From what I've seen these are great videos, even the quality is very good.
Thank you very much for these.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Thank you BoriSpider, I am working to continually improve with each tutorial. I think the one I just posted on Speeds is the best yet.

Cheers,
Michael
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

I just posted a new tutorial that goes into detail on settings that affect perimeters and loops. These are important as they are step one in dealing with defects like its/warts/blobs, strings and gaps on your parts.

KISSlicer Tutorial: Getting Loopy - All About Perimeters and Loops
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

Hi, congrats for your videos, they are very well done, you explained things very simply and I can understand everything you say (while I don't speak or hear english often). If I can suggest you something, relative to your last video about loops and perimeters, that would be nice if you could show some prints or some pictures to show for example the end result of the seam (in real) when you change the depth, gap, joinloop... and all those parameters (I know, it's a lot of work to include pictures,I've also got a youtube channel for my prusa i3 MK2, but it's so more explicit).
(I've been playing for a long time with all seams parameters and sometimes, what you see in the slicer is not always what you get onto the print, or what you would like to get...)

Go on with your nice videos, I can't wait the next ones :D
Thank you, and subscribed !!
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Thanks for the feedback Woody3DP. I will add photos of prints in future episodes. I have one on infills I'm working on now and already have 5 prints ready to show.

Cheers,
Michael
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

I just posted the next episode in my KISSlicer Tutorial series:

KISSlicer Tutorial: Settings, Profiles and Projects - Oh My!