KISSlicer 1.6.1 has been released! (+ new website!)

lonesock

KISSlicer 1.6.1 has been released! (+ new website!)

Post by lonesock »

lonesock wrote:UPDATED 2017-09-29: KISSlicer 1.6.1 is now live!

Some bugs were fixed, some wizards were updated, etc. Definitely upgrade!

thanks,
Jonathan
Hi, everyone!

KISSlicer 1.6 was just released, with an overhauled website!

It's still at kisslicer.com, but you may need to refresh the page, and it might also take a while for the DNS changes to propagate.

I hope you guys like it!

(Now I'm off to take a nap [8^)

Jonathan
LaPointe

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 has been released! (+ new website!)

Post by LaPointe »

Awesome! 8-)
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

Very good job. Congrats and thank you !! 8-)
Tutorius

Post by Tutorius »

Is the RC2-version the same as the Release-version, or should i update?

Congrats, i really love this slicer...
pjr

Post by pjr »

Tutorius wrote:Is the RC2-version the same as the Release-version, or should i update?

http://www.kisslicer.com/16-change-log.html

Peter
xmas75

Post by xmas75 »

I'm very happy with the new version and I really enjoyed this regular update so I can not wait for the new beta. I would like to test them.
lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.6.1 has been released! (+ new website!)

Post by lonesock »

I just got the 1.6.1 build up on the website! It fixes some bugs, so you definitely want to update to this one. Here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

2017-09-29 - v1.6.1 Release
	. trim whitespace from new profile names

2017-09-28
	. Updated printer profile wizard G-code to better handle both single- and multi-nozzle extruder changes.
		- (N-1 nozzle systems often do large retractions & loads on tool change, so move before Tool command, then again after for multi-nozzle machines)

2017-09-27 - v1.6.1 rc 5
	 . Updated Printer Profile Wizard G-code to:
			- wait till Bed is heated
			- show example heated chamber G-code
			- move to the next point before heating extruder (so it's on prime wall/pillar)
	. Fixed typo in Flow Rate Tuning Wizard.

2017-09-26
	. Boost the Prime Wall thickness by an extra 50% iff ("if and only if") sitting directly on a raft.
	. Properly show Prime path thickness.

2017-09-25
	. Added an explicit Bed Temp to the Printer Profile Wizard.
	* Fixed a bug in the Loop order! (bug was introduced with the hybrid Brim / Skirt code)
	. When generating default filename for saving:
		- use default extension if there to insert the (0)
		- change .N to " xN" on multiples
		- use space between multiple parts
	. Prepare G-code comment no longer notes upcoming solid paths.
	. Prepare adds in unsupported paths, shows overhang angle range.

2017-09-22 - v1.6.1 rc 3
	. Verifies that translations keep any printf-style formatting.
		(otherwise ignores that translation and generates a warning file)

2017-09-20
	. Seam angle dial now wraps
	. Added a sanitize function for profile names.
	. Disallow '[' or ']' in profile name.
	. Warn about valid filename when saving fails.

2017-09-19 - v1.6.1 rc 2
	. Change layer thickness warning to be 25% under min, or 25% over max.
	. Support stitching now happens every cm even with adaptive layers.
	. Now limits Z gap internally to be < 0.9 minimum layer thickness.
	. changed how the adaptive layers decide to keep or discard a final layer when reaching the next hard Z
	. XY gaps seem to behave correctly now, even for tiny or huge values. (Interface paths no longer fill the whole grid.)
	. Prime Pillar takes extrusion width into account.

2017-09-15
	. extend the allowed depth of crowning paths to loops+1

2017-09-14 - v1.6.1rc1
	. showing the summary text is now optional.
	. summary text appears in front of the bed even in ISO mode.
	. Fixed the reported Z value in G-code mode.

2017-09-13
	. Track the current Z sink value per model.
	. Added Peter Rumble to the thanks list. (long overdue!)

2017-09-12 - v1.6.1 RC 0 - working toward a bug-fix release
	* Array limit checks when checking if travel needs a wipe, and in iso join.
	* Limit XY Gaps to be >= 1% extrusion width (had to be > 0).

2017-09-07 - v1.7 alpha 0.1
	* Darkened the 3D background color for the SublimeLayers profile.
	* Printer profile wizard adds a tiny Z-lift.
	* Interface paths now use a midpoint to find the island ID.
	* Path optimizer now handles the arbitrary interface path angle.
	* Added M140 (heat bed) to the Printer Profile Wizard, and cools the bed in postfix.
	* If round bed is checked, auto select Origin in Center of the bed.
	* Reorganized the order of the Tuning Wizard parameters (storing the original ID in User Data).
	* Used the correct number of E characters in destring as well.
Please also note that KISSlicer is now on Facebook and Twitter (thanks to my friend Abigail), so if you want to connect that way please do!

Now that this bug-fix update is out, it's time to move on to the KISSlicer 2 features. I will be posting updated builds here in the forum as I go (and tweeting notifications when new builds hit), so you can all test out the newest features as they arrive. Please note that at the beginning we're talking alpha-level code, so expect bugs!

You are seriously the most awesome user community out there! Thanks for using KISSlicer!

thanks,
Jonathan
nuggetz

Post by nuggetz »

Quick question about the tuning wizard. From what I read, one should start from the top of the list. However, I dont understand why temp wouldn't be first. Trust me when I say that I'm in no way challenging anyone's expertise. This is just so my feeble brain can come to terms with the reason for this sequence. I don't have a mad scientist mind that understands all the little details that make everything tick but if someone were to set their PLA temp very high to the point that it was just flowing out of their nozzle, wouldn't that negate any sort of tuning you're trying to do with Preload?

Also, with regard to the Preload wizard workflow, specifically the "experimentally" GCODE that runs, extrudes, beeps, etc I found that on subsequent prints of that GCODE my extruder would just grind and sounded like the extruder speed was like 1000mm/s or something. Should you home prior to running that GCODE? Home, move extruder up above the bed rather? Or should it just work? I have a Prusa MK2.

I had one more question that I'm sure will come to me as soon as a hit the submit button right down here..:-)

Thanks for such a great slicer. The results I'm getting are frickin' awesome. The interface was a bit off-putting and not knowing that a profile existed for the Prusa made me skip this slicer in the past. I think it's great and I'm looking forward to testing future versions.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Most of the time, you tend to know what temperature works - as is the case with the MMU for the Mk2/S which requires PLA temp of 200 to 205 degrees (depending on printing speed) - outside that range, tool changes fail.

As for the profile; I don't have a single filament printer to test it with (sorry) so I more-or-less relied on my very poor memory. I hope it was close...

Running the MMU on this printer meant that I had to manually adjust the G-code generated by the "experimental" preload; you may find that you have to do the same, but in general I find a value of 0.5 works well with this printer + PLA.

Apologies for being very vague with the answers, but it's been a long while since I did any of this...

Peter
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Wow, this has really just taken on a mis-informed life of its own, hasn't it! This has been corrected in multiple places on this forum

@nuggetz, YES you want to tune temperature first and your statements are 100% correct so you do understand it! Apparently, earlier releases of KISS 1.6 did not have the tuning parameter menu ordered to reflect the sequence. PLEASE watch my first mini-tutorial on the Tuning Wizards that addresses temperature. It describes the proper sequence - which is now ordered correctly in KISS 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 - and more importantly, WHY.

The experimental Preload is really just to get in the ballpark. What you are experiencing is probably a "relative" vs "absolute" extrusion mismatch between the experimental g-code setup and your firmware. A simpler way to do this is to use the Material wizard and create a quick material profile. If you have your DrvLen, NozLen and bore configured (which you have to do for Preload) it will generate a PreloadVE for you. You can then use this in the Preload Wizard - double it to extend the range to test.