KISSlicer 1.5 release candidates 1 and 2

calinb

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 release candidates 1 and 2

Post by calinb »

Based on a very hasty investigation, it looks like RC2 is doing a wipe! :) I'll spend more time verifying it after I get some sleep.

No--I guess I was too tired to evaluate G-code last night. There is no wipe.
KISSlicer user since 2012 (PRO since 2013)!
calinb

Post by calinb »

Please see above report on RC2. First I tried 1 and 5 for the min. jump and trigger settings. Then I tried 0 and 0 with no luck.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

I am looking at this again, sorry for the delay!

thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Hi, calinb.

I'm sorry, I can't seem to duplicate the issue. With the settings you showed earlier wipe is working for me. When I set under [Matl] Wipe=5, Min Jump=0, and Trigger=0 (and of course first I forgot to map my test material in the [Ext Map] tab [8^), then under [Style] I had De-String and Wipe both checked, I get a wipe after every single extrusion. (Both the ugly yellow line in the path preview window, and the actual motion commands in the G-code.)

Could you please email me a zip of the full output G-code from RC2 (preferably on a small part that still shows the issue) along with the 4 INI files and the test STL?

thanks
Jonathan
calinb

Post by calinb »

I'll try to find time to send some code ASAP. Thanks for your efforts, Jonathan. I'm in the middle of a very difficult home sale and family move and my time for 3D printing is very limited. I might have time to try your settings this weekend, however.
calinb

Post by calinb »

I'm getting the wipe now. I'll try to find time to duplicate what I did previously. I'm pretty sure I had the destring boxes checked.

Thanks for looking into it, Jonathan, and I'm sorry that I don't have more time to do more than confirm it's now working with min. jump and trigger both set to zero and also 1 mm and 5 mm respectively.

Edit: Yes the boxes were checked. Looking at the code snipped from my previous post on this thread I had

use_destring=1
use_wipe=1