KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 1 - in development

Davide Ardizzoia

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 1 - in development

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Whoops...
About manual "special content"... perhaps as much as would get you a Big Mac ?

Best regards
Davide Ardizzoia
orcinus

Post by orcinus »

Not sure if this was already mentioned (was away for a while and things got hard to track), but...

If you turn off Include Comments, all the custom G-code includes added under the G-code tab gets stripped of newlines making it invalid.
I did find this by searching the google groups forums:

Code: Select all

Fixed the blank lines in the G-code when comments are suppressed (needed to leave in newlines for when the comment came after a valid command, only in the G-code includes).
... but either the version i downloaded is not the freshest (version 1.5 Beta 1 - Sep 2014 Mac OS X download from the web page) or it's a regression.
Msquare

Post by Msquare »

funBart wrote:Hello Msquare,
yes Jonathan uploaded it.
One minor thing that seems to be fixed is that Skirt(1st layer) with multiple extruders now does one skirt for each head (if they both start at bottom layer). It was a good thing for my printer. Dual prints now are fine - even without a pillar
texsc98

Post by texsc98 »

I'm using the latest beta (KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.0), and am experiencing something I don't remember happening in earlier versions, and I've been a paid member since 6/30/13 solely using KISSlicer for all my prints...

There seems to be a brief pause at the end of doing the loops (perimeters) before executing the retract/z-lift/prime to proceed to the infill causing small blobs to occur on the outside of my prints. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CGTQ4Qv3I

In this particular one I'm doing 3 loops, have loops set to go from inside to perimeter, and have it set to a 1.2mm z-lift. I'm also using an 8mm wipe, with 4mm retract/prime if that matters any. Anyone else seeing this?

UPDATE: After looking more closely, it seems that the pause it just before doing the wipe. So I disabled the wipe, and it did improve the exterior blobbing some. However, it still seems to briefly pause before doing the retract causing a bit of a blob as it did with the wipe enabled.