KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

MorganTH

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Post by MorganTH »

Hi all and thanks Jonathan for these new versions.

I tried the 626Pilot plugin but I m unable to launch the Post Process command.
Someone know where I did a mistake ?

Have a nice day all.

Morgan
Attachments
postprocess.png
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:Jonathan, congrats on your soon to have new printer. Davide's printers look awesome so whichever model it is I'm sure it will be great!!!

How is seam gap limit measured? Is it an absolute value or a % of something?
Thanks, it's hard to succinctly describe how much I am looking forward to it!

The Seam Gap is a multiplier. Internally KISSlicer figures out how close the two endpoints should be such that a circular extrusion will push out the right volume of plastic to close the loop (turns out to be the extrusion width * pi / 4). Then the actual gap distance is multiplied by the Seam Gap value.

Morgan, you can make an intermediate batch file that has a "pause" command at the end, so you can see what happened.

Jonathan
626Pilot

Post by 626Pilot »

MorganTH wrote:Hi all and thanks Jonathan for these new versions.

I tried the 626Pilot plugin but I m unable to launch the Post Process command.
Someone know where I did a mistake ?
It would be better to talk about that in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1265&p=3581#p3581

Please make sure you've read all the instructions on GitHub.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

I just posted Mac and Windows versions of beta 3.10. (Linux builds scheduled for the first thing tomorrow.)

Basically it just fixes 2 bugs: occasional/potential crash on startup (hopefully this was the issue with the previous 64-bit Mac build), and a bug where a prime skirt or wall sitting on a raft would place extra raft area in the wrong locations.

Please let me know if you find any bugs!

Thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Linux builds are up. I'm also trying to resurrect a PCBSD build environment, and trying to find my RasPi. This is very close to an actual release, and I haven't even booted all supported OSs in a long while! [8^)

Jonathan
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... Packer.PNG
Adding another object on the plate (increasing count to 23) finally makes it unable to find a solution, but this also looks like a wrong solution already.
A way to manually place each instance seperately (optional) would allow for a LOT tighter packing though.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Yes, the packing code isn't optimum, and for round beds it's even worse. Manual placement is planned for the next release, we'll see how tough it is to implement.

Jonathan
alil2096

Post by alil2096 »

Hi Jonathan, I've find a bug on kS 3.10 for windows 64 bit. When you use the options "wall (all layers)" and same infill, the program crash. Conversely if you use the infill "vase" all join great
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Thanks for letting me know! I am having trouble duplicating the problem, could you please zip up a sample STL file, the 4 INI files (in the same directory as the program), and email that to me: info at kisslicer dot com? I also need to know what your oversample resolution in set to (in the [PRO] tab).

thanks!
Jonathan
tarjeik

Post by tarjeik »

Just tried out the beta 3 series.

When I set different temperatures for the first and subsequent layer, and the "Cool same Ext" G-code is empty, KISSlicer decides instead to insert the "Cool and Retire Old Ext" code which of course turns the extruder off after the first layer...
Adding "M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>" to "Cool same Ext" fixes the problem.

I'm guessing this is because I upgraded with old settings, but still a silly bug :)

Tried with both beta 3.4 and 3.10