KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Dreide

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Post by Dreide »

lonesock wrote:Note that I can revise the limit on the crowning width down, but there still needs to be a threshold so the printer doesn't waste time laying down plastic in tiny microscopic voids.
Hm. I wonder if this limit should be scaled with extrusion width as it is right now. I guess the limiting factor is extrusion volume (or maybe nozzle diameter). As it is right now, if I increase layer height, which normally goes with increasing extrusion width, KISSlicer will also increase the crowning limit. But shouldn't the crowning limit stay the same or even be decreased then (EDIT: in terms of absolute width)?
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

That's a good point. I considered using the minimum volumetric flow rate limit, but I don't know how many people actually set that to a meaningful value. I will think about this some more. Eventually it could also be a setting, I just dislike adding those when unnecessary, as I think KISSlicer has too many settings already, and yet I have plans to add more [8^)

thanks,
Jonathan
radus

Post by radus »

lonesock wrote:radus, could I please download that model? I will play with it. Note that I can revise the limit on the crowning width down, but there still needs to be a threshold so the printer doesn't waste time laying down plastic in tiny microscopic voids.
Here files for crowning test.
Attachments
stlforcrown.rar
test for crowning
(3.73 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

radus, could you please try out 1.5 beta 3.8?

thanks,
Jonathan
radus

Post by radus »

lonesock wrote:radus, could you please try out 1.5 beta 3.8?
Thank's ! Now all is fine ! =)
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

64 bit?
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

There are now Windows and Linux builds for both 32- and 64-bit machines. Mac will have to wait a few days again, sorry.

There are not many changes form 3.7 to 3.8:
  • narrower crowning is allowed
  • after a slice you can see the length of filament used per extruder (just below the model tabs, and in the material selection overview to the left of the settings (when visible))
  • after exporting G-code you can see the number of seconds spent per path type, per extruder ( [Help]->[Show Extrusion Time Map] )
  • I am also disallowing negative surface inset, as it would horribly fail on a multi-material object. (That's just a patch, I'll try to find the real bug next.)
thanks,
Jonathan
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Extrusion time map is a blank window in Win64, single extruder set up.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

You have to save your G code before you load that feature
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Blank after save.
Attachments
blank.jpg
blank.jpg (74.45 KiB) Viewed 3545 times