KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Post by lonesock »

Heh, yep. This was because old versions of KISSlicer only had a single "Cool" G-code block. So, if users updated from an old version (or more probably got an old profile off the internet somewhere) and didn't fill in the new field they would end not cooling or disabling an extruder at all. I figured the current behavior was better than the alternative. I guess I could just copy in the other text as a default, and then flash a warning to the user to upgrade it. Not sure if that would actually be better, though.

Jonathan
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Jonathan,

When I select a different Printer / Style Name that has two extruders, the Matl / Material Name associated with the new Style Name shows in red until I go into Ext Map and click on the Extruder 1 Material field that contains the new Material Name. This issue might occur with single extruder Style Names as well, but all my Printer Styles are dual extruder so that's what I know.
tarjeik

Post by tarjeik »

lonesock wrote:Heh, yep. This was because old versions of KISSlicer only had a single "Cool" G-code block. So, if users updated from an old version (or more probably got an old profile off the internet somewhere) and didn't fill in the new field they would end not cooling or disabling an extruder at all. I figured the current behavior was better than the alternative. I guess I could just copy in the other text as a default, and then flash a warning to the user to upgrade it. Not sure if that would actually be better, though.
I definitely think that a warning is in order here, this gave me two air prints until I figured out what was happening by manually inspecting the gCode.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

That's weird. I had messages in there for that case, but apparently I commented them out at some point, then left it that way, sorry!

Thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Hi, everyone!

I have just put up a new build, 1.5 release candidate 1, and there is a new thread for it in the releases portion of the forum. Please post any comments about the new version there.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1307

Once that is deemed stable enough the 1.5 release itself will happen on the website. After that, I'll get back to making some new builds for you advanced users. Note that KISSlicer 2.0 has quite a few sub-systems tagged for reworking, as well as a bunch of new features, so the early builds will probably be buggy pre-alpha level. Anyway, all that is in the future. [8^)

Thanks for all your help!
Jonathan
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Jonathon, In the "style" tab while trying to enter a dimension in Layer thickness, Extrusion width, Infill extrusion the entry keeps reverting to .005 + the dimension I enter. Windows7 64
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (36.81 KiB) Viewed 6204 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

OK, got it. It happens because the conformance checks on the settings are happening before a valid value is in place (like if you started by typing "0.") A workaround for now is to select and edit a few characters in the existing valid value. Sorry! It's fixed for the release.

Let's discuss any more bugs in the other release candidate thread.

thanks,
Jonathan
clarence

Post by clarence »

tested RC1, but found it might drop some top layer?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:533472
fine_positive_features.stl

on RC1 after slice only till 17.4 layer height

on 1.4.5.10 it's noraml till layer 20mm

after some test found on 1.5beta 2.20 it's still correct.
But since 1.5beta 2.21 it's only left 17.4mm layer.
Attachments
1.5 RC1
1.5 RC1
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

The top of those spikes seem to be 0.33 mm wide. A full loop with a 0.4 mm nozzle would be 0.8 mm wide, so I wouldn't expect KISSlicer to generate paths all the way up to the tip. When I use an extrusion width of 0.15 mm it does fill all the way to the top, as you would expect. I guess I could see generating the top of the spike with a single extrusion while moving vertically, but that seems fairly unusual, and prone to other issues (like knocking off previous spikes when moving back down to do other plastic on the same layer).

Let's please discuss the new RC build in the other thread.

thanks,
Jonathan
Nr5Alive

Post by Nr5Alive »

Is it possible the project with all the settings and and the already cut into slices model to store and then to reload? This feature I miss. Otherwise, the program is the first choice for my BFB 3D Touch (single).