Post-layer lift

orcinus

Post-layer lift

Post by orcinus »

I'm currently to configure KISSlicer to generate g-code for mUVe 3D SLA printer and have stumbled on a major issue...

As it turns out, KISSlicer's layer G-code ends with:

Code: Select all

; Post-layer lift
G1 X74.89 Y53.26 Z0.3 E44.75 F240
; END_LAYER_OBJECT z=0.20
The problem is, mUVe 3D uses a "peel" move before lifting the Z to a new layer height.
The cured resin is stuck onto a silicon (PDMS) surface and needs to be peeled off it by a tilting motion of the build platform.
The firmware takes care of the actual move, all i need is to issue an M651 command BEFORE a layer start.

And therein lies the problem, because KISS does the lift BEFORE a layer start, instead of at the BEGINNING of a new layer and AFTER the N-layer G-code include. Would it be possible to ditch the Post-layer lift and do it as a separate command at the beginning of the next layer?
orcinus

Re: Post-layer lift

Post by orcinus »

(Not a big deal, i can post-process it with a tiny bit of regexp magic, but still, i don't get what the purpose of the Post-layer lift is in the first place. Even if it's to prevent ruining the surface by an oblique move, that still makes no sense, because issuing a G1 Z without X and Y would safely have lifted it straight up.)