Destring wizard

woody3dp

Destring wizard

Post by woody3dp »

Hi,
First of all, congrats for all the work done with Kisslicer, I like this slicer a lot, the more I use it, the more I like it.
I'm experimenting the destring wizard. I own a Prusa I3 MK2. The preload was done (I found a value of 0.62).

First I was experimenting a lot of stringing but in two stages (printed at 195°c):
- first stage (red arrow): dense stringing. I think this is destring parameter gradually increasing (I configured the wizard from 0 at 0mm to 1 at 50mm) am I correct ? This dense stringing disappeared around 5mm and the seam is perfect around 7mm. This gives me in the wizard a value of 0.14 for the destring.
- second stage is the light stringing until the top of the print (by the way why is there more stringing when parts are more distant ?)
Img_3580.jpg
Peter told me to put 1mm into the wipe parameter to correct this. You can see the result in the picture below:
IMG_3581.JPG
I stopped the print because there were no stringing anymore above 5mm (or very very light), and there was no blobs anymore. I think I've got now good preload and destring values to tune the seam.

But in fact, the destring wizard didn't work for me the first times because I was printing around 210°c, all the stringings were confusing, I didn't know what to do until Peter advised me to change my printing temperature and my wipe setting. So don't you think the temperature wizard should be the first one to be configured, before preload and destring ?
hacker

Re: Destring wizard

Post by hacker »

I think Jonathan has given the order of wizards as he sees them (and so do I) elsewhere and I believe it was — temperature, flow, preload, destring. So yes, you're right, temperature comes before destring.
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

Thank you hacker. In fact in Kisslicer, when you click on Wizard/tuning wizard/parameter to tune, the order of appearance is: None-Preload-Destring-Temperature-Flow. That's why I started with preload and then I did destring, then temperature...and then go back to preload with a better temperature and so on...
I think it would be less confusing if those wizards were in the order we have to do them.
hacker

Post by hacker »

woody3dp wrote:Thank you hacker. In fact in Kisslicer, when you click on Wizard/tuning wizard/parameter to tune, the order of appearance is: None-Preload-Destring-Temperature-Flow. That's why I started with preload and then I did destring, then temperature...and then go back to preload with a better temperature and so on...
I think it would be less confusing if those wizards were in the order we have to do them.
Agreed on that. Not sure what order they're currently in. Looks random.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Just to close this out for future readers - they are in the correct order in the 1.6 release as Jonathan (and logic) prescribe:

1) temperature
2) flow rate
3) preload
4) destring
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

In my 1.6 release I have:
-None
-Preload
-Destring
-Temp
-Flow
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:In my 1.6 release I have:
-None
-Preload
-Destring
-Temp
-Flow
Strange, are you sure it's release? I've just checked mine (mac version) and they're ordered properly.
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

Here it is this way:
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

hacker wrote:
-None
-Preload
-Destring
-Temp
-Flow
Strange, are you sure it's release? I've just checked mine (mac version) and they're ordered properly.
Yeah I (then) had release 1.6. After I posted I checked and saw there is now a 1.6.1 release. So NOW mine is in the right order(after the upgrade).
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:
hacker wrote:
-None
-Preload
-Destring
-Temp
-Flow
Yeah I (then) had release 1.6. After I posted I checked and saw there is now a 1.6.1 release. So NOW mine is in the right order(after the upgrade).
Oops, that's right, it was 1.6.1.