1.6 - I can't use it anymore.

abuharsky

Re: 1.6 - I can't use it anymore.

Post by abuharsky »

lonesock wrote:That is strange. I've looked over the settings, everything seems great. (The only thing I think I would change is the Destring triggering values. I use 2.5 for the Min Jump, and 10 for the trigger. KISSlicer will already trigger a destring event if the head moves across (or even gets too near) a perimeter. If it destrings all the time it's harder on the extruder, and it's actually tough to get the perfect amt of filament deposited when it's constantly being suddenly pulled around. [8^)

I am assuming you still get good prints with that same material and temperature with KISSlicer 1.5, or other slicers.

When you measure the thickness of a vase print, is the wall thickness exactly what you would expect?

I notice from the pics that there are a couple of places where I see some browning, like maybe the temperature is a bit too high for the plastic? (Btw, I used to print a bunch in ABS, but since finding ASA I have totally switched...I love the finish and the UV-resistance is great too.)

thanks,
Jonathan
Thank you for your advice about Min Jump and Trigger. With new values quality slightly better, but problem with Preload/Retract at start of the every new path still exist. I made a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQIP4tE5xqU
lonesock

Re: 1.6 - I can't use it anymore.

Post by lonesock »

I just noticed the Z-lift in the video. 0.5 is a pretty large Z-lift, and Z travel is slow. If you can get away with 0 that would be ideal, but if that knocks over prints and such, I would use your average layer thickness. I usually run 0.2 for my Z-lift when needed on materials that tend to blob or string more (PLA, PETG, Nylon), and 0.1 or less for stiff materials like HIPS. (Also, can your Z-speed be increased safely?)

thanks,
Jonathan