KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Feature Requests

inventabuild

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Feature Requests

Post by inventabuild »

lonesock wrote:
inventabuild wrote:
lonesock wrote: Yes, sorry, that change was actually because it was the intended behavior when I put in the option to place the prime pillar. I noticed that sometimes the raft of the prime pillar didn't print first, which triggered me sweeping through that section of the code.

Regarding the print order...would you need to specify the order of every object? Or is it enough to flag a single model via "[X] Print First"?

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks, I would need to specify the order of every object.
Ohh, I could cheat: "[X] Print Order Same as Loaded"

What do you think?

Jonathan
That should work for now so long as the same extruder that is used on all meshes of all the parts finishes printing on a layer before changing extruders. At some point later maybe you could allow dragging and dropping a part above or below other part(s) to change the order of printing.

Who said cheaters never prosper? Sometimes they get lucky :)
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:...
That should work for now so long as the same extruder that is used on all meshes of all the parts finishes printing on a layer before changing extruders. At some point later maybe you could allow dragging and dropping a part above or below other part(s) to change the order of printing.

Who said cheaters never prosper? Sometimes they get lucky :)
[8^) OK, it's in my working build, so you will have it soon (3 bugs left on my ToDo list!). I looked into dragging the model tabs around to change the order: it's definitely possible, just not sure how trivial. Once I fix the bugs I'll try to add it in.

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

Just thinking… shouldn't crowning threshold be a part of style? Maybe it's just to what can probably be considered a bug — "crowning path in the air", but due to this phenomenon I realized I needed to increase the threshold for particular part, but neither I want to increase it for all parts, nor (after switching it back) I want to forget completely I changed it for the style in question (maybe "notes" for style would be helpful?).
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

hacker wrote:Just thinking… shouldn't crowning threshold be a part of style? Maybe it's just to what can probably be considered a bug — "crowning path in the air", but due to this phenomenon I realized I needed to increase the threshold for particular part, but neither I want to increase it for all parts, nor (after switching it back) I want to forget completely I changed it for the style in question (maybe "notes" for style would be helpful?).
I have been thinking about this for a while...let me see how trivial it is to move it before the 1.6 release.

thanks,
Jonathan
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

Minor point: Preheat. It seems that there's no reason to synchronize preheat of one extruder with paths executed by the other extruder unless the firmware requires it. So "safe" and "early" preheat should be printer options, with "midpath" the default for well-behaving firmware. On the other hand, one may want to limit preheat for materials that tend to ooze or burn when hot for too long. So maybe a "Max preheat time" setting in the Material tab, with 0 corresponding to no preheat.
Olivier13

Post by Olivier13 »

Hi
frozen.rabbit wrote:Bring back Flow Gain for support material.
Had excellent support material removal being able to reduce flow by 95%. Now support is a bit harder to break away, and interface layer sticks to the model a bit more.
+1
Same comments as inventabuild about removal
Printer : A4v3 From 3ntr - 2 Extruders.
http://www.additec.fr
hacker

Post by hacker »

Today I printed a relatively small part and I thought, wouldn't tuning minimum layer time make sense? To some certain extent it can be achieved using <TUNINGVAL> wizard, but probably better as a real wizard…
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Olivier13 wrote:Hi
frozen.rabbit wrote:Bring back Flow Gain for support material.
Had excellent support material removal being able to reduce flow by 95%. Now support is a bit harder to break away, and interface layer sticks to the model a bit more.
+1
Same comments as inventabuild about removal
You can achieve the same reduction in flow by decreasing the 'Width' term in the [Support / Object Interface] box.

HOWEVER

It just occurred to me that I put in a feature to help the model stick to the underlying support because I am using multi-material support, where a common problem is the support not sticking. (The paths above actual support are slowed and cooled to 50% of the Cool flow rate and fan settings.) I need to check if the interface extruder is the same as the model extruder, and if so NOT do the extra slow & cool.

thanks,
Jonathan
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

I tried a reduction in support width, but seemed more attached to the model than reducing the flow.

When reducing width, does the path calculation pack the paths closer and reduce flow? Would that cancel out each other in a way?

Like if you sliced for a .4mm nozzle, but ran the print through a .5mm nozzle. Single wall passes would be under extruded, but the solid layers would counter act the under extrusion by the paths being closer together.

Just the way I was thinking, might be off. May need to test it more.

Mostly just used to flow gain. 95% is near perfect for me. I can run prints with larger flat supported surfaces that separate cleanly, and the interface layer is completely in tact on the removed support, zero clean up.
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

Any infill greater than 50% but less than 100% converts to a 50% infill with a greater extrusion width. This may not always be a good idea: Beads wider than nozzle shoulder may not print so well. Not that I've ever had a compelling reason to make an infill between 50% and 100%, but just wondering why that is.