Ronin

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Feature Requests

Post by Ronin »

Real Spiral Vase mode please =)
That's only one thing, that forces me to use Slic3r sometimes
hacker

Post by hacker »

Ronin wrote:Real Spiral Vase mode please =)
That's only one thing, that forces me to use Slic3r sometimes
No, bridging ;-)
voyt

Post by voyt »

Anti clogging algorithm

I think it would be great to have detection of low/non constant(pulsative) material flows that often lead to clogging the printhead due to massing of hot material in the upper part of heatbreak.
That routine would control such condition and if it happens, it would force the additional constant flow (flush) run on prime pillar or into the object's infill.
That additional flow would stabilize printhead freeing the heatbreak from the material that otherwise would form the clog shortly after.

User would have configurable parameters like e.g. "minimal flow/min", "maximum retracts/min", "flush amount", "flush each (n) retracts" .......
euroreprap.eu
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

voyt wrote:Anti clogging algorithm

I think it would be great to have detection of low/non constant(pulsative) material flows that often lead to clogging the printhead due to massing of hot material in the upper part of heatbreak.
That routine would control such condition and if it happens, it would force the additional constant flow (flush) run on prime pillar or into the object's infill.
That additional flow would stabilize printhead freeing the heatbreak from the material that otherwise would form the clog shortly after.

User would have configurable parameters like e.g. "minimal flow/min", "maximum retracts/min", "flush amount", "flush each (n) retracts" .......
It's true. I had one model with a piece in the middle, where were many retracts. I try to print that model twice, but every time on that piece material clogging (extruder grind filament)
xmas75

Post by xmas75 »

Can you set fonts of G-code textfields to a monospaced type?
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Olivier13 wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Please add the feature for the user to be able to select the order in which KISSlicer starts printing the parts.
+1
I saw the new release has "sort models print order from prime pillar position."

That does not give the flexibility to choose what order KISSLICER starts printing the parts. Kisslicer automatically positions the parts so as I move the prime pillar closer to the part I want to print first, KISSLICER also moves the part so it can't print first.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:
Olivier13 wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Please add the feature for the user to be able to select the order in which KISSlicer starts printing the parts.
+1
I saw the new release has "sort models print order from prime pillar position."

That does not give the flexibility to choose what order KISSLICER starts printing the parts. Kisslicer automatically positions the parts so as I move the prime pillar closer to the part I want to print first, KISSLICER also moves the part so it can't print first.
Yes, sorry, that change was actually because it was the intended behavior when I put in the option to place the prime pillar. I noticed that sometimes the raft of the prime pillar didn't print first, which triggered me sweeping through that section of the code.

Regarding the print order...would you need to specify the order of every object? Or is it enough to flag a single model via "[X] Print First"?

thanks,
Jonathan
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

lonesock wrote: Yes, sorry, that change was actually because it was the intended behavior when I put in the option to place the prime pillar. I noticed that sometimes the raft of the prime pillar didn't print first, which triggered me sweeping through that section of the code.

Regarding the print order...would you need to specify the order of every object? Or is it enough to flag a single model via "[X] Print First"?

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks, I would need to specify the order of every object.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:
lonesock wrote: Yes, sorry, that change was actually because it was the intended behavior when I put in the option to place the prime pillar. I noticed that sometimes the raft of the prime pillar didn't print first, which triggered me sweeping through that section of the code.

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks, I would need to specify the order of every object.
Ohh, I could cheat: "[X] Print Order Same as Loaded"

What do you think?

Jonathan