KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Feature Requests

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Feature Requests

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:If you could amend your post processor that would be great.
It is now on my "ToDo" list

I think it will be fairly simple; you just enter your unload and load GCode into 2 text boxes and the tower code will be generated in the same manner as present.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

lonesock wrote:
inventabuild wrote:The aesthetics of printed parts can be improved if the direction of the layer lines is adjustable. For example I'm printing a part where it is desirable to have the layer lines print parallel with the text:...
Along these same lines it will be helpful if parts can be rotated. When packing parts KISSlicer could offer the most efficient configuration, but then allow the user to rotate the parts so the layer lines print in the desired direction for all the parts.
KISSlicer automatically tries for a 45 degree offset from long straight walls for bonding purposes...nothing worse than a long wall just sightly rotated from a solid infill path, not meeting for most of the wall length. That said, you can right-click on the model tab and select "Force Path Angle"...it has limitations (like it needs to be done after any transformations to the mesh), but should help.

thanks,
Jonathan
Force Path Angle works, thanks!
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Avoid Crossing Perimeters is good to help prevent dual extruders from depositing specs of color where they shouldn't. is this feature considered obsolete with the PreloadVE and other Wizards supposedly able to keep ooze and stringing in check?
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:Avoid Crossing Perimeters is good to help prevent dual extruders from depositing specs of color where they shouldn't. is this feature considered obsolete with the PreloadVE and other Wizards supposedly able to keep ooze and stringing in check?
Mitch

Surely that only prevents the extruder that's currently being used from crossing perimeters?

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Avoid Crossing Perimeters is good to help prevent dual extruders from depositing specs of color where they shouldn't. is this feature considered obsolete with the PreloadVE and other Wizards supposedly able to keep ooze and stringing in check?
Mitch

Surely that only prevents the extruder that's currently being used from crossing perimeters?

Peter
Yes. So the question is, can Jonathan's wizards be used to avoid stringing in the hands of a trained expert :) or will some materials still string; albeit somewhat mitigated in effect. If stringing still might occur (and I suspect it will with some materials, some printer hardware setups / limitations, some environmental temp / humidity fluctuations, etc) I would like to see "Avoid Crossing Perimeters" added to Kisslicer to help avoid specs of the current extruder from being deposited on the retired material(s) parts of the print.

A good combination of (layered) tools can help to ensure good prints almost every time.
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

Maybe a prime/purge tower for Y-Extruders (http://wiki.3dator.com/index.php/Dual_E ... _nozzle/en)
pjr

Post by pjr »

EddyMI3D wrote:Maybe a prime/purge tower for Y-Extruders (http://wiki.3dator.com/index.php/Dual_E ... _nozzle/en)
You mean like the Prusa I3 Mk2/S SNMM upgrade? And the Prometheus System?

We already have a post-processor for the former and I am looking to amend it to take care of the latter and similar.

Peter
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

pjr wrote:
EddyMI3D wrote:Maybe a prime/purge tower for Y-Extruders (http://wiki.3dator.com/index.php/Dual_E ... _nozzle/en)
You mean like the Prusa I3 Mk2/S SNMM upgrade? And the Prometheus System?

We already have a post-processor for the former and I am looking to amend it to take care of the latter and similar.

Peter
Jepp, exactly. Great to know you are "on the run"!

Eddy
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Hi, everybody.

I'm about ready to put out a Release Candidate. Only a couple of these requests made it into the 1.6 build, but I wanted you to know that this list will be merged into my 2.0 planned feature list. Once KISSlicer 1.6 is officially released (and I catch up on a little sleep) I will start a new thread on the 2.0 alpha. I will at that point (with Peter's invaluable help again) start a new thread for feature requests for the 2.0 target.

thanks,
Jonathan
pjr

Post by pjr »

lonesock wrote:with Peter's invaluable help again
Well I guess I just volunteered for that as well then ;)

Peter