KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

inventabuild

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by inventabuild »

abuharsky, the old problem area looks great now! I'm glad you got it sorted out. I see one of your parts has some strings. Have you tried running the Destring wizard yet?
StrannikZet

Post by StrannikZet »

Bug?
Does not fill between the walls. Does not print thin walls.
Attachments
crowning.zip
(267.45 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
FIwHtV8pxJM.jpg
abuharsky

Post by abuharsky »

inventabuild wrote:abuharsky, the old problem area looks great now! I'm glad you got it sorted out. I see one of your parts has some strings. Have you tried running the Destring wizard yet?

Destring is set to 2mm and wipe 10mm now, but I will run destring wizard later and post here the results. Thank you for help!
hacker

Post by hacker »

Hey,

On the mac version (sierra, latest) the settings don't seem to dock for me. It is placed where it would be if docked, but it just overlaps the preview (or whatever it's called) window. Is that how it should work? (haven't tried either window or linux to compare).

I believe I'm posting for the first time here (though registered quite a while ago) ;-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 12.57.58.png
alil2096

Post by alil2096 »

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. If you want to move the dock, unselect the "Dock Setting Window"
pjr

Post by pjr »

alil2096 wrote:This isn't a bug, it's a feature. If you want to move the dock, unselect the "Dock Setting Window"
Yeah, it's not your typical "docking".

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

Yeah, obviously, it's not the inability to move window that worried me, though I would expect preview pane to change size, because to see anything useful I need to pan around first.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

alil2096 wrote:FIRST LAYER HEIGHT

hi, i've always 0.3mm of thickness for the first layer, I've try to change:
-layer thickness
-1st
and the three values on "printer hardware" tab..but the thickness dosen't change, is a bug?

p.s. i have the latest version, beta 1.6 2.4
From what I've seen Printer/Hardware/Bed Roughness + Style/LayerThickness = Style/1st Layer Thickness. 1st Layer Thickness and Bed Roughness appear to be two different ways of saying / achieving the same thing.

Edit for clarification:

Total 1st Layer Thickness can be achieved three ways using the three variables Bed Roughness in Printer Hardware tab, 1st Layer Thickness in Style tab, Layer Thickness in Style tab
1. "Bed Roughness" + "Layer Thickness" = "Total 1st Layer Thickness" if "1st Layer Thickness" <= "Layer Thickness"
2. "1st Layer Thickness" = "Total 1st Layer Thickness" if "Bed Roughness" = 0 and "1st Layer Thickness" >= "Layer Thickness"
3. "Bed Roughness" + "1st Layer Thickness" = "Total 1st Layer Thickness" if "1st Layer Thickness" >= "Layer Thickness"
Last edited by inventabuild on 02 Aug 2017, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

StrannikZet wrote:Bug?
In the attached profile (thanks for including that!) the inset is 0.15, so for thin walls like you have in the test you are making them 0.3 mm thinner, which is a significant fraction of the extrusion width. I will try to make that more robust, but you can get the expected paths by resetting the inset to 0 if you no longer need it.

thanks,
Jonathan
StrannikZet

Post by StrannikZet »

lonesock wrote:
StrannikZet wrote:Bug?
In the attached profile (thanks for including that!) the inset is 0.15, so for thin walls like you have in the test you are making them 0.3 mm thinner, which is a significant fraction of the extrusion width. I will try to make that more robust, but you can get the expected paths by resetting the inset to 0 if you no longer need it.

thanks,
Jonathan
Ok. But what to do with what does not always fill the thin walls? Inset is 0. Thanks!
Attachments
2017-08-01_08-00-09.png