KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by lonesock »

hacker wrote:It seems that some release notes items deal with mac text overlay problem, but as far as I can tell it's not fixed.
The problem, as far as I can tell, is somewhere in the widget library I use. (My Mac coding skills are admittedly weak, though.) I hope to actually go through the FLTK code later when I have time and find the issue. For now I could disable the text overlay under Mac, would that be preferable?

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

lonesock wrote:
hacker wrote:It seems that some release notes items deal with mac text overlay problem, but as far as I can tell it's not fixed.
The problem, as far as I can tell, is somewhere in the widget library I use. (My Mac coding skills are admittedly weak, though.) I hope to actually go through the FLTK code later when I have time and find the issue. For now I could disable the text overlay under Mac, would that be preferable?
No, I'm fine either way, I report it because I think you may want to know, not because my day is ruined by this problem ;-)
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Win64 RC2 is not correctly importing/converting my .ini files.

It's only showing a couple of my presets/profiles.

First just dropped the .exe in my previous converted folder, and then tried letting it re-convert root folder .ini files with same result.

.ini files are in the sub-folders, but not showing up in KS
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

frozen.rabbit wrote:Win64 RC2 is not correctly importing/converting my .ini files.

It's only showing a couple of my presets/profiles.

First just dropped the .exe in my previous converted folder, and then tried letting it re-convert root folder .ini files with same result.

.ini files are in the sub-folders, but not showing up in KS
Could you please zip up the entire directory and email it to me? I will try to duplicate it on my system, and if I can't duplicate the issue I will send you a special build that shows the files it's trying to load.

I've had a similar problem on 2 different occasions. The first was where filenames where changed, but the profile name inside the file (e.g. "[My Profile]") was identical to a different file's profile name. The second was on a Linux32 build, where for some reason the list of filenames reported for the folder was garbled.

thanks,
Jonathan
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Not a major deal just an annoyance, the Tuning Wizard instruction windows for the different wizards is to small to show all of the instructions. To read all I have to highlight text and 'scroll' down or I have to make panel bigger. Is it possible to get a scrollbar there or have the panel open up bigger so one can read all text? No biggy just cosmetic stuff I could live w/o.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Found the issue. My profiles are named .10 abs.ini, .15 pla.ini.

I went into the profile folders and renamed .10 abs.ini to 10 abs.ini. All my profiles now display in KS. Doesn't like "." at the start of the file name.

This is with RC2, either RC1 or beta 4.3 didn't have this issue, not sure which I had before RC2

After I removed "." from the beginning of the ini file names and restarted KS, it sees the renamed ini files, but again created the ini files starting with "."

RC2 will let me make new profiles starting with ".", writes the .ini file, but not visible on restart due to "." at the start of the file name.

Selected profiles revert to different profiles with restart as well.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

BoriSpider wrote:Not a major deal just an annoyance, the Tuning Wizard instruction windows for the different wizards is to small to show all of the instructions. To read all I have to highlight text and 'scroll' down or I have to make panel bigger. Is it possible to get a scrollbar there or have the panel open up bigger so one can read all text? No biggy just cosmetic stuff I could live w/o.
Fixed, thank you! I'm trying to wrap up a bunch of bugs for another RC, or hopefully just the actual release!

thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

frozen.rabbit wrote:Found the issue. My profiles are named .10 abs.ini, .15 pla.ini.

I went into the profile folders and renamed .10 abs.ini to 10 abs.ini. All my profiles now display in KS. Doesn't like "." at the start of the file name.

This is with RC2, either RC1 or beta 4.3 didn't have this issue, not sure which I had before RC2

After I removed "." from the beginning of the ini file names and restarted KS, it sees the renamed ini files, but again created the ini files starting with "."

RC2 will let me make new profiles starting with ".", writes the .ini file, but not visible on restart due to "." at the start of the file name.

Selected profiles revert to different profiles with restart as well.
Got it, thanks. I had to change some code to fix the previously mentioned problem under Linux32, and that code was rejecting anything starting with a '.', sorry! It is fixed in my working build now, and for the Release you'll be able to start profiles with a period again.

thanks,
Jonathan
voyt

Post by voyt »

This is actually not a bug. Kind of my general concern rather. I attach photos with prints made of aluminium-PLA composite, but these artifacts are also there when I use plain PLA types.
So the problem is, the new Kisslicer seems to preform a little different from the old one in terms of aesthetics of surface..
aDSC_0299.jpg
aDSC_0297.jpg
aDSC_0303.jpg
aDSC_0308.jpg
screen.jpg
euroreprap.eu
pjr

Post by pjr »

Voyt

There's an interesting topic on ringing here: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/3532 ... rp-corners

Maybe try a reduced acceleration.

BTW, what did you do to get the Aluminium to print?

Peter