KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

inventabuild

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by inventabuild »

With dual extrusion of a single model KISSlicer always starts w/ extruder 2 even though my Ext. Priority (per model) is set to 1234:
Ext. Priority Not Working.JPG
Ext. Priority Not Working.JPG (19.75 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:With dual extrusion of a single model KISSlicer always starts w/ extruder 2 even though my Ext. Priority (per model) is set to 1234:
The extruder priority function does not set the extruder order...its job it to decide which extruder is chosen if two meshes overlap and are set to different extruders. For example, if you want to print a heart with an arrow through it, you can just let an arrow mesh overlap with a heart mesh, then tell KISSlicer which extruder "wins" in the regions that overlap.

If you want the extruders to always print in the same order per layer, set the "Extruder Order Optimization" in the [Ext Map] tab to "Fixed Order (most cooling)". It's a great idea to use the extruder priority as the sort order, though!

thanks,
Jonathan
pjr

Post by pjr »

lonesock wrote:
inventabuild wrote:With dual extrusion of a single model KISSlicer always starts w/ extruder 2 even though my Ext. Priority (per model) is set to 1234:
The extruder priority function does not set the extruder order...its job it to decide which extruder is chosen if two meshes overlap and are set to different extruders. For example, if you want to print a heart with an arrow through it, you can just let an arrow mesh overlap with a heart mesh, then tell KISSlicer which extruder "wins" in the regions that overlap.

If you want the extruders to always print in the same order per layer, set the "Extruder Order Optimization" in the [Ext Map] tab to "Fixed Order (most cooling)". It's a great idea to use the extruder priority as the sort order, though!

thanks,
Jonathan
Having written a post processor I have to add the following:

1. PP can only handle up to 3 changes per layer, so using Fixed Order with potentially screw things.
2. If the prints start with the "wrong" extruder, it is possible to require a filament change at the end of a layer - which would not work. Somehow, KISS seens to start with the right extruder to prevent this happening and any changes would put my PP back to the drawing board...

Peter
K.Miya

Post by K.Miya »

lonesock wrote:
K.Miya wrote:I am using the Mac version. In version 1.6, the language file "kisslicer_langage.pot" can not be generated.
Got it, thanks.

Jonathan
Hallo.
I succeeded in generating the language file in MacOS Sierra (Ver.10.12.5).
It can not be generated with OS X EL Capitan (Ver 10.11.6).
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

lonesock wrote: If you want the extruders to always print in the same order per layer, set the "Extruder Order Optimization" in the [Ext Map] tab to "Fixed Order (most cooling)". It's a great idea to use the extruder priority as the sort order, though!

thanks,
Jonathan
Unfortunately, when I select "Fixed Order (most cooling)", then the first extruder always starts first even though sometimes I need the second extruder to start first.

I've been doing a lot of testing and sometimes I need to run the extruders in a certain order to get the cleanest prints. Using extruder priority as the sort order is ideal for this. Is it possible to do this and give Peter a token variable so he knows how many extruder changes are taking place so he can provide an error message when it exceeds the current limitations of his Post Processor?
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

Incorrect extrusion speed on BFB: "M108 S6" instead of "M108 S60". Tiny thing, but can ruin your whole day. In the attached .BFB file, it's "M108 S59" in all layers except the topmost, where it's suddenly "M108 S6".

(Peter: Do you think it's a good idea to start a bug reports thread under "Final release talk"? Or should all bugs still go here? )
Attachments
ThinWallBox0.75mm.rar
(12.24 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

I think I found the bug causing the dropped digits. I will test it out myself, then put it into the first of the v2 super-pre-alpha builds, coming soon. If it works for you too, I will need to push a 1.6.2. [8^/

Sorry about this,
Jonathan
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

Thank you for responding so quickly. I realize that there aren't many BFB users left, and I appreciate the help. (I am planning, as soon as I get a minute, maybe early next year, to write a 5D-to-BFB translator and stop being a nag.)

Boris