KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

gravatite

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 RC 1 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-18)

Post by gravatite »

Thanks for the Linux build. I'm playing with the new wizards, and the quality is looking pretty good so far!

--Nick
lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 RC 2 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-30)

Post by lonesock »

Hi, everybody!

Release Candidate 2 just hit! (You can download it from the updated link in the original post.) I'm really really really hoping there are no more serious bugs. [8^)

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2017-08-30 - v1.6 Release Candidate 2.5
	* Added a glFlush before text rendering, trying to help the Mac.
	* Added a 'Run All 4 Profile Wizards'.
	* Lower Model functionality added
	* Brim / Skirt seems to be working now with support in the Gap and path sorting!
	* Changed font in G-code text boxes from Helvetica to Courier (monospaced).
	* Moved speed fields around a bit.

2017-08-28 - v1.6 Release Candidate 2.3
	* 'Lock Paths' functionality added (PRO Only)
	* Limit min head speed to be 42 mm/min (preload was generating F0 on tiny segments).
	* Don't add traced paths unless the meet a tiny length threshold (0.25 extrusion width).
	* G4 dwell now only happens if we're < 25% min layer time.
	* Improved text display on Mac.
	* Disabled fan below Fan Z for unsupported paths.

2017-08-25 - v1.6 Release Candidate 2.1
	* 'Perimeter 1st' now keeps brim / skirt paths first.
	* Got rid of the last bogus support-lets right near the model when a skirt was printed.
	* Brim / Skirt order is correct again
	* Sort models print order from prime pillar position.
	* Print prime pillar raft first.
	* Trying to avoid "NaN" in the G-code from Wipe path code.

2017-08-22 - v1.6 Release Candidate 2.0
	* Returned min layer time target to exactly what the user asked for.
	* 'Unsupported' paths on support clamp to 2/3 unsupported status.
	* Updated Brim / Skirt Gap tooltip.
	* Added <DESTRING> and <MAIN1/2/3/4> (temperature) G-code tokens.
	* Changed some double quotes to singles in tooltips for translation.
	* Take unsupported sections into account for path timing.

2017-08-19 - v1.6 Release Candidate 1.2
	* Check that loops are closed before rotatating the starting point to align with perimiters.
	* Loading profiles added a scandir pass for non-Windows machines (was failing on old Linux32 distro).
	* Added (but commented out) some code to modify blade-edge-triangles.
	* Tiny change to Support Profile Wizard (interface XY gap from 50% to 75%).
	* BfB printers now uses integer deciRPM and modifies head speed to match.
thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

The minor UI thingie with Mac: after switching back and forth virtual desktops, the tooltips are shown behind the settings window (most of them becoming invisible, but hovering over `delete` button, for example, shows half of the tooltip, not obscured by the settings window). Goes away after reopening settings window.

What is "lock paths" functionality? (yes, I have a pro, but couldn't find it. Maybe I don't need it, but I'm curious ;))

And speaking of curiosity, this Dock vs Fix settings window, is it because it's harder to implement "proper dock", or is it a deliberate? It's unimportant but if it's not because of the effort it takes, I'd love to have an option to properly dock it, but if it's due to toolkit limitations, I sure wouldn't insist on spending any significant time on it.

P.S guess that's the wrong thread, let me know if you want me to repost it elsewhere or maybe forum admins can just move it…
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:What is "lock paths" functionality? (yes, I have a pro, but couldn't find it. Maybe I don't need it, but I'm curious ;))
Slice a model with one style, "Lock Path", add another model and that can be sliced with different style/settings.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
hacker wrote:What is "lock paths" functionality? (yes, I have a pro, but couldn't find it. Maybe I don't need it, but I'm curious ;))
Slice a model with one style, "Lock Path", add another model and that can be sliced with different style/settings.

Peter
Do you think we will ever see this layer by layer, extruder by extruder, mesh by mesh?
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:

Peter
Got it, thanks, Peter.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

pjr wrote:

Peter
To add to Peter's answer, if you load many models, you can set Count to 0 on some of them and they will remain loaded, but not show on the bed or get sliced. Once you slice the first one (or group), you can check the Lock Paths box in the top left of each model tab, then set the count of the unsliced models to >= 1, select a new style, and slice again. Etc. There is a lot you can do with this, and of course there are also many ways to do something weird. KISSlicer will use the current printer settings when exporting, so changing the printer profile after locking paths probably doesn't make sense (though someone will undoubtedly find an awesome way to do exactly that. [8^)

One other note: the object packing on the bed is performed using current settings, so if you are changing things like raft or support inflate, you probably want to slice the models with the least inflate first, so their rafts or supports don't end up overlapping.

In the attached picture you can see I sliced "Test_Shapes" with support disabled, locked the paths, then sliced "_inner_support" with support enabled.

thanks,
Jonathan
Attachments
KISSlicer_Lock_Paths.png
KISSlicer_Lock_Paths.png (69.78 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

inventabuild wrote:
pjr wrote:

Peter
Do you think we will ever see this layer by layer, extruder by extruder, mesh by mesh?
Oh yes, but not in the 1.6 release. [8^)

Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

hacker wrote:...
And speaking of curiosity, this Dock vs Fix settings window, is it because it's harder to implement "proper dock", or is it a deliberate? It's unimportant but if it's not because of the effort it takes, I'd love to have an option to properly dock it, but if it's due to toolkit limitations, I sure wouldn't insist on spending any significant time on it...
There is a 3rd party add-on for FLTK that does proper docking, but I haven't tried it yet. Partly because what I *really* want is to leave the settings window where it it, but make it transparent. That way I could use it even on my space-constrained RasPi w/ 7" screen.

thanks,
Jonathan
inventabuild

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 RC 1 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-17)

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
EddyMI3D wrote: But not for long - I'm about to order the i3 MK2s (original)

Eddy
Now, that's a very good idea. And as a free bonus, it comes with reduced shipping times!

You should also consider the MMU...

Peter
I bought two i3 MK2s. Received them this week and setting them up on Sunday. The MMU's are on backorder. Thanks for the info about these printers based on your experience Peter.