KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

BoriSpider

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 3.10 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-01)

Post by BoriSpider »

Yes I have gone through the 'Create' wizards. Under tuning wizards there are the ones I've mentioned above, but I was only able to get through 2 of them.
The 'PreloadVE' one and the 'HeatT' one. Was wondering if the other ones weren't accessible yet.
hacker

Post by hacker »

I'd say tuning wizards are mostly filament-related rather than printer-related.

But, speaking of wizards, what is the noise wizard about?
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:I'd say tuning wizards are mostly filament-related rather than printer-related.

But, speaking of wizards, what is the noise wizard about?

Noise wizard adds texture to vertical surfaces. It is an "advanced" feature that is in development and may not be available for very long...

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote: Noise wizard adds texture to vertical surfaces. It is an "advanced" feature that is in development and may not be available for very long...

Peter
Thanks, Peter. I should try it one of these days.
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote: Thanks, Peter. I should try it one of these days.
Yeah; I printed a model of Stonehenge with it a while back. The GCode files are huge, but it does work very well.

Peter
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

I have to apologize about the Noise Wizard. The function itself is disabled, but the menu option to even show the UI should have been invisible. (tech note: hiding a FLTK menu item under Mac does not work!)

The Noise Wizard is one of the features that is targeted for the 2.0 release of KISSlicer, in a new class of Artist / Engineer features. Those features are going to be in a new "Premium Key" category (so Free, PRO, Premium would be the 3 levels). While the noise wizard works well, there are many more options I wanted to add to it, and the other Premium functions need work too. In fact I was actually pushing for a 2.0 release, but my alpha testers all said to just release what I had already and don't make KISSlicer users wait for some unspecified time.

So, yeah, the Noise Wizard is going to disappear for the 1.6 release, but right after 1.6 is released you guys will get to play with quite a few new features in the 2.0 pre-alpha. The crazy cool new features will all be buggy, of course, but I have decided it's best to show progress on KISSlicer instead of going dark until most of the work is done.

Sorry for the long explanation.

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

lonesock wrote:I have to apologize about the Noise Wizard. The function itself is disabled, but the menu option to even show the UI should have been invisible. (tech note: hiding a FLTK menu item under Mac does not work!)

The Noise Wizard is one of the features that is targeted for the 2.0 release of KISSlicer, in a new class of Artist / Engineer features. Those features are going to be in a new "Premium Key" category (so Free, PRO, Premium would be the 3 levels). While the noise wizard works well, there are many more options I wanted to add to it, and the other Premium functions need work too. In fact I was actually pushing for a 2.0 release, but my alpha testers all said to just release what I had already and don't make KISSlicer users wait for some unspecified time.

So, yeah, the Noise Wizard is going to disappear for the 1.6 release, but right after 1.6 is released you guys will get to play with quite a few new features in the 2.0 pre-alpha. The crazy cool new features will all be buggy, of course, but I have decided it's best to show progress on KISSlicer instead of going dark until most of the work is done.

Sorry for the long explanation.

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks, Jonathan, I'm glad you have testers who pushed you towards this release ;-) And thanks for saving time I would otherwise spend trying noise wizard and trying to understand why it doesn't work ;)
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Jonathan,

Thanks for mentioning how you use your PreloadVE model (middle of page: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1903&start=70). Just wondering if there are other models you use for the other wizards or if they all use the same one?

Interestingly, I thought matterhackers method of two cubes (both 25mm) spaced 40mm apart and checking for stringing would be the best way to use your Destring Wizard. What I found is checking the seam was more important than checking for stringing. Here's a pic to illustrate

Destring Wizard: The seam is good at 21.5 mm, but the stringing stopped at 12 mm. I printed (all 4 speed variables) at 10 mm/sec:
IMG_5699.JPG
lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 4.3 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-09)

Post by lonesock »

Hi, everyone!

KISSlicer build 1.6 beta 4.3 is out (updated link in the first post). Changes:

Code: Select all

2017-08-08 - v1.6 Beta 4.3
	* added little diagonal arrow to [X] Fix Settings Window
	* Disallow support inflation through walls.
	* Use the interface path pattern on the 1st layer (even if I use the main support extruder)

2017-08-05 - v1.6 Beta 4.2
	* Fixed a bug where project profiles would not display.
	* Replaced the @>> with the matching character in the linked profile browsers.
	* Updated the fl_utf8from_mb usage to only try once the default way failed to open the STL.
	* Fixed a bug where an extruder would cool even if it was going to be used again on the last layer.
	* trigger Profile Wizards on start if no profiles are detected

2017-08-04
	* Added code to possibly handle Windows not encoding i18n filenames in UTF-8.
	* Profile rename works (now even if the new name is the same as the old one)
	* Min layer time negative value is a scaler against layer thickness [s/mm], "20/" means 20 s per mm layer thickness, stored as -20
	* No longer update the linked profiles browser when clicking inside it (cursor was jumping back up to top)
	* Updated tab order on Material tab.

2017-08-03 - v1.6 Beta 4.1
	* preliminary [Rename] profile function, please back up profiles before testing!
	* Mac can't hide menu items, changed to "remove"
	* added <KSPATH> token to the post process
I have 7 more things on my ToDo list before the 1.6 Release Candidate. Once those are done the RC will be posted here for your testing, and I will spend about a week on updating the website. After that, barring the discovery of some horrible bug(s), will be the 1.6 release! Almost there, and thanks everyone for your continued help and support!

thanks,
Jonathan
BoriSpider

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 4.3 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-09)

Post by BoriSpider »

I, too, have made that special 25mm no shell 1 perimeter cube to test KS with, tnx for the heads up on that.
I just DL'ed the new KS and went through the set up wizards w/o help from previous builds. Peter, I believe, said to try it this way so I am. I went through the PreloadVE to get my gcode for the oozing and noticed the "shake" button. Thank you for that since I have no speakers installed. I haven't run the code yet, tomorrow, so I might be jumping the gun here(hope not).