KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 1.1 is here!

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:I notice KISSlicer's tool tip on the Seam Gap slider says "Gap on loops: 0 is the theoretical ideal (with preload tuned)". The TuningWizard.ini file in your post has Seam Gap set to 1.0. Shouldn't we be tuning w/ Seam Gap set to 0.0?
Yes, probably.

Peter
lonesock

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 3.10 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-01)

Post by lonesock »

Hi, everybody!

Well, I was aiming for a Release Candidate, but I'm not quite there yet, so I just updated the most recent build in the first post: 1.6 Beta 3.10

I *hope* this is it for features. I'm going to work on some bugs, updating some text, and making sure everything can be translated. At that point I will put a Release Candidate here on the forums, then switch to working on the website and documentation. Here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

2017-08-01 - v1.6 Beta 3.10
	* Printer wizard
		- added 'G4 P0' before extruder warming / cooling
		- added retract for BfB cool
		- commented out the preheat by default

2017-07-31 - v1.6 Beta 3.9
	* Added a flow rate range to the info label when adaptive layers are enabled
	* added a bunch of safeties to sqrt function calls
	* when preload is disabled, KISSlicer will now blend velocities in and out of unsupported sections (had been sudden)
	* Added a "Joint Layers" option to force all models to use the same adaptive layers 
		(for multi-extruder-single-nozzle prints, to minimize the purge block volume)
	* started on analyzing just how unsupported a path might be
	* Fixed layer thickness reporting in G-code
	* added a "Prepare" comment 10 mm before end of paths that may want to slow down

2017-07-26b - v1.6 Beta 3.7
	* Higher Z gap on dwell.
	* Draft style profile from wizard defaults to 10% cellular infill.
	* Removed 'Skirt' from the label of the Prime mode selector.
	* Fixed tab order on Brim / Skirt Gap.
	* Allow 0 for inflate support.

2017-07-26 - 1.6 Beta 3.6
	* new Profile Wizards
	* added an option for printers who treat G4 Pxxx as seconds, instead of milliseconds
	* added layer thickness in G-code comments
	* improved print time estimates, and the feature to slow to meet min layer time
	* fixed profile corruption (came with the tracked Most Recently Used profiles per Printer)

2017-07-17 - 1.6 Beta 3.2
	* you can associate Style, Support, and Material profiles with specific Printer profiles

2017-07-17 - 1.6 Beta 3.1
	* hybrid Brim / Skirt
	* tracks Most Recently Used style / support / material profiles per Printer Profile
thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

Thanks, Jonatan, just noticed in the wizard step/mm for x&y and z axes, been wondering what would one normally enter for delta there?
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

hacker wrote:Thanks, Jonathan, just noticed in the wizard step/mm for x&y and z axes, been wondering what would one normally enter for delta there?
The Z component has no real use for deltas, but the wizard uses the reported XY steps/mm to calculate a minimum segment length (specifically min_seg_len = 2 / xy_steps_per_mm). Many G-code interpreters will ignore any segments smaller than a threshold. If that is the case, it's better for KISSlicer to do it preemptively so it can minimize the least squared error to the desired path.

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

lonesock wrote:
hacker wrote:Thanks, Jonathan, just noticed in the wizard step/mm for x&y and z axes, been wondering what would one normally enter for delta there?
The Z component has no real use for deltas, but the wizard uses the reported XY steps/mm to calculate a minimum segment length (specifically min_seg_len = 2 / xy_steps_per_mm). Many G-code interpreters will ignore any segments smaller than a threshold. If that is the case, it's better for KISSlicer to do it preemptively so it can minimize the least squared error to the desired path.

thanks,
Jonathan
Yes, thanks, I just wondered if there's any reasonable value that can be derived from known steps value. I'll check what duet firmware thinks of minimal segment size.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

There was a response somewhere on these boards about wizards should be done in order. Is this the order they are listed?
preload
destring
temp
flow rate
Is this the order they should be done in?

Sry I couldn't find the thread with the wizard comment.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

BoriSpider wrote:There was a response somewhere on these boards about wizards should be done in order. Is this the order they are listed?
preload
destring
temp
flow rate
Is this the order they should be done in?

Sry I couldn't find the thread with the wizard comment.
  1. Temperature - this affects viscosity, which affects both flow rates and preload
  2. Flow Rate - you want preload to work over the whole usable flow rate range
  3. Preload - this helps the correct volume of plastic be deposited per path
  4. Destring - once Preload has done its bit, this gets easier
thanks,
Jonathan
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

The only 2 wizards I can figure out are the 'HeatT' one on the Printer/Hardware tab and the 'PreloadVE' on the Material tab. Is that all that can be done at this moment?
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Tnx lonesock for ur reply.
As stated above I'm not sure how to preform the other wizards. So for the 2 I did use worked ok.
Now trying support. On my 1st run I had problems removing the top layer. Found the 'Zgap' and put that
at 0.1 (was 0) and will see if that does the trick.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Wizards/Create Profile Wizards are primarily to help new users figure out the settings for their printers.

These wizards create profiles from scratch with basically default settings based on the entries made by the user.

Have to say that I used this to create new profiles for my printers; the new profiles are working much better than my old ones!

It is certainly worth trying them out, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Peter