KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by pjr »

zimlorog wrote:Included is the gcode used, as well as my layer settings.
Any chance you could attach the model (STL) and the Project file (Menu/Project/Save Project As)

This will enable us to exactly replicate what is happening.

Thanks in advance

Peter
voyt

Post by voyt »

I find the checkbox "Support"> "Make solid" not working. (No difference in interface if checked, still 50%)
...or maybe I'm missing something?..
euroreprap.eu
zimlorog

Post by zimlorog »

Sure thing.

Also, the print was successful when printing at just .3 layer height.
Attachments
disney-the-haunted-mansion_model.7z
(6.63 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
disney-the-haunted-mansion_project.7z
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

Printing a wall 2mm wide at the base and tapering to 0.25mm, with W=0.5mm nominal extrusion width. As the wall narrows, the path switches from 2 loops to 1 loop and a crown path, then 1 loop, then just the crown path. .STL and .KSP attached.

1. Kisslicer varies the width of the crwon path from 0.5W to 1.5W, but it is always displayed at 1.0W width in the preview. So one has to read G-code to know how Kisslicer decided to handle each situation.

2. Near the top, the preview shows the crown path in purple even if "color paths by extruder" is chosen. Near the bottom, crown paths are colored correctly by extruder.

BTW, "Unsupported paths - Slows speed but not extrusion rate (BFB)" is fixed in RC1.
Attachments
TaperWall.zip
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

zimlorog wrote:Sure thing.

Also, the print was successful when printing at just .3 layer height.
KISSlicer had put in some "NaN" values! Seems to be in a wipe path where a point was duplicated for some reason. I'll try to get you another build to test soon.

thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

voyt wrote:I find the checkbox "Support"> "Make solid" not working. (No difference in interface if checked, still 50%)
...or maybe I'm missing something?..
Make Solid is for the interface paths below the actual interface (top-most) paths, and it will be at least "Z Band" thick. If you want the actual top interface layer to be solid, make the Stride the same as the Width. Not sure if I explained that very well.

thanks,
Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Beefeater wrote:Printing a wall 2mm wide at the base and tapering to 0.25mm, with W=0.5mm nominal extrusion width. As the wall narrows, the path switches from 2 loops to 1 loop and a crown path, then 1 loop, then just the crown path. .STL and .KSP attached.

1. Kisslicer varies the width of the crwon path from 0.5W to 1.5W, but it is always displayed at 1.0W width in the preview. So one has to read G-code to know how Kisslicer decided to handle each situation.

2. Near the top, the preview shows the crown path in purple even if "color paths by extruder" is chosen. Near the bottom, crown paths are colored correctly by extruder.

BTW, "Unsupported paths - Slows speed but not extrusion rate (BFB)" is fixed in RC1.
That's weird about the colors, but for the rest, crowning isn't that sophisticated yet...it only has a single width for a single path (supposedly at the average thickness for that crowning path, and limited from 50% to 150% of the extrusion width). If there are multiple crown paths they can each have a distinct width.

thanks,
Jonathan
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

lonesock wrote:If there are multiple crown paths they can each have a distinct width.
But even when crown paths have different widths, preview still shows them at 1.0W. So I need to get into raw G-code each time to find out what Kisslicer had done. Anyway, I know you have bigger fish to fry right now. No worries.

Boris
xmas75

Post by xmas75 »

Missing support in the middle.
missing support
missing support
xmas75

Post by xmas75 »

Upside down for test more missing, and settings window.
missing
missing