KISSlicer v2 rc3.1.6 / New UI (07.03.2021)

Cthutq

Re: KISSlicer v2 rc3.1.6 / New UI (07.03.2021)

Post by Cthutq »

I consider the new UI it is incredibly inconvenient. Old ui distinguished this slicer from Cura. It is inconvenient and this is not KISS, it is something similar to Cura. Very uncomfortable, I hope the author will refuse new UI. I spent a lot of hours and tried to get used to the new version and did not work out, it's not a job, it is torture.
percar

Post by percar »

You are making general comments about your dislikes. why do you not mention specifics so the author can at least understand what your problems are with the new UI. If you want to be able to access all the variables as per the previous ui then mention specifics. I find that the UI is ok once you get use to it and find where the specific settings are.
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

Make a vote, I think there are few people who will like the new UI.
Garry Bartsch

Post by Garry Bartsch »

Initially I was very put off with the new interface but after using it for a while I actually prefer it. I suspect a large reason for going this way is to remove the floating settings window that always looked out of place. I do hope the icons and buttons get a makeover because frankly they look horrible. But I'm eager to see what it turns into.
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

Sorry for my English. If the developer leaves this new UI, I will not use this program despite the fact that I bought a premium license. This is my personal business, I have a persistent Association of the new UI with Cura. Today I printed a test cube after Ultimaker Cura Arachne, SuperSlicer., Ideamaker and Kisslicer. The worst quality got after Kisslicer. I understand that you need to rule the settings, but other slideshors are already in terms of the quality of Kisslicer and for convenience have already been ahead of it, and now cloned the "new" UI from Cura. I liked the old ui, there is no new one. The developer offers, the consumer decides. Maybe I'm not right, but I will still observe and use other slideshers.
StrannikZet

Post by StrannikZet »

Cthutq wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 14:26 Sorry for my English. If the developer leaves this new UI, I will not use this program despite the fact that I bought a premium license. This is my personal business, I have a persistent Association of the new UI with Cura. Today I printed a test cube after Ultimaker Cura Arachne, SuperSlicer., Ideamaker and Kisslicer. The worst quality got after Kisslicer. I understand that you need to rule the settings, but other slideshors are already in terms of the quality of Kisslicer and for convenience have already been ahead of it, and now cloned the "new" UI from Cura. I liked the old ui, there is no new one. The developer offers, the consumer decides. Maybe I'm not right, but I will still observe and use other slideshers.
You have a subjective opinion. Let's say it turns out the other way around, the quality is perfect for Kisslicer. This is the first thing. And second, you will understand or not that this version is not ready and is just a sketch. Maybe your mind will change when everything is ready. It is hard for people to learn new things, we are so arranged. Stop the tantrum. If you decide to use another product, do so, why this blackmail? By the way, I also have a premium.
Abom

Post by Abom »

How was that blackmail? The purpose of this thread is to address the recent changes right? Some people will like some not. Either input is valid and useful. For myself, I think the latest UI is primitive, and frankly awful. Doesn't mean it won't get better, but if the dev doesn't hear what people think, they can't make adjustments right? You can't work in a vacuum.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

won't be using any version beyond 2 a 2.0.6.

The new UI is not good, way too many gaps in development, ZERO communication from the developer, and wants MORE MONEY for Premium features that are not happening any time soon by all appearances.

KS has produced the best print quality for my printer, and has been my base go to slicer since 2013.

However, SuperSlicer does everything proposed for Premium purchase already, has steady and regular development and releases, and is free.
percar

Post by percar »

Finally had a chance to go over the new user interface
I have a couple of comments and perhaps suggestions that could be made to the interface
The icons on the top of the screen
1) I know that if you hover over the icons you get a tool tip however may i suggest that you also include a title for the icons just so that it is readily available without the hover. This should be fairly simple Printer, Style, Support, Misc And also the slice move the slice icon closer to the other icons
2) Along with the Icons could i suggest the the Printer G-code and Material G-code editors also be included in those icons
3) I would like to see Speed settings as a separate icon as the drop down is quite large as it is
4)As default or expand all the setting windows...perhaps and icon could be selected for this option so the next time you want to to change anything the widows are already expanded

New features
1) if it is possible instead of using a transform mesh could a method to click on surface be implemented so that surface would attach to the build plate instead of just Y or X =>up

For the most part Kissslicer still performs well however it just needs a bit of tweaking to make it more user friendly. I am sure i have only scratched on the surface i am sure other users also have many more suggestions that may help

Pete
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

I would like to choose from the menu, Old UI, New UI