Kisslicer V2 alpha 1.5.5

pjr

Kisslicer V2 alpha 1.5.5

Post by pjr »

For those who haven't yet noticed, there was a new alpha released.

More details on the main site: http://www.kisslicer.com/

New features:
  • Ironing (in the Style profile)--KISSlicer can now generate back-and-forth travel paths over top surfaces to smooth them.
    Unload (in the Material profile)--slows the last X [mm] of the last path on an island to the Perimeter speed, which decreases/eliminates stringing on multiple-part prints.
    Equation Parser--now built into the G-code Token expressions with better tooltips explaining the G-code Tokens.
    Fallback Extruder (in Misc.)--change from extruder A to B at height Z, lets you finish out a spool of filament, or print huge parts that take more than one spool. This feature is intentionally enabled for FREE users even though it is a multi-extruder function.
    Optimized Sheathe Interface path order to improve supported underside surfaces. Try printing with sheathed support and 0 XY Gap.
    (PRO) Interior Extruder: You can choose a core extruder for any given part or sub-mesh. This allows you to print a TPU skin on a carbon fiber core, or use a transparent color for the skin with a different color inside (or more creative ideas that KISSlicer users will invariably come up with), all without changing geometry.
Peter
frozen.rabbit

Re: Kisslicer V2 alpha 1.4.8

Post by frozen.rabbit »

KS is my go to slicer, Jonathan has done some excellent development.

But I don't see the value of cost for going from Pro to Premium for a limited number of features, which seems to be increasing in price with development.

Don't charge more for us that swear by it. try better marketing. Is there any marketing besides word-of-mouth?

I've never seen a single video on Youtube comparing KS with any other slicers. Maker's Muse, 3dPrinting Nerd, ect.
xmas75

Post by xmas75 »

I love this program more and more. But due to the many parameters, the configuration window has become very cathartic. I was thinking of a more meaningful arrangement. What are your opinions?
Attachments
suggestion.png
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Layout does need a rework, new features like Iron seem to just be placed where ever there is some space.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Ironing is wonderful, but I still need functionality for different layer heights within the same print.

For example, I print plaques with 0.2 mm layer height and print text on top of the plaques with 0.1 mm layer height. I'm currently using S3D to do this. How can I do this in Kisslicer? Thanks
ksh_germany

Post by ksh_germany »

@inventabuild
1st) wrong place for that Question
2nd) is the object 2 or 1 piece,if it 2 piesces read about ock paths ;)

@pjr
yes kisslicer Need a Little make over.

I'm still amazed about slicing with Kisslicer. i try many slicers but Kisslicer is the best.
Last edited by ksh_germany on 02 Oct 2019, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Germany

Beantworte fragen zu Kisslicer auf deutsch ;)
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

ksh_germany wrote:@inventabuild
1st) wrong place for what Question
2nd) is the object 2 or 1 piece,if it 2 piesces read about ock paths ;)
1) I previously requested this in numerous places on the forum and Jonathan answered one of my posts saying he planned on implementing individual layer control, but that was some time ago. So now I'm wondering if it's going to be part of a KISS Alpha or if I doomed to S3D forever.
2) Small text needs to be printed slower and Lock Paths doesn't hold different speed settings :(
ksh_germany

Post by ksh_germany »

Yes, i forgot that with the speed. Some Question in this forum still open. So i see only a few member answer, so that is normal forum life :(. Jonathan is the only developer/Programmer (?) who works on kisslicer and he did it great and some functions need more time than other.
Greetings from Germany

Beantworte fragen zu Kisslicer auf deutsch ;)
harrygeier

Re: Kisslicer V2 alpha 1.5.5

Post by harrygeier »

Good News...

i wiil also test immediately...

Harald
Cameluntu

Re: Kisslicer V2 alpha 1.5.5

Post by Cameluntu »

Hi, I have an issue with kisslicer that I discovered just now. Every object I am slicing with kisslicer gets printed mirrored without doing anything (just load stl, slice, print)....does anyone know if this is a bug or I need to change something in the settings?

Thanks,
Andrea