V2 Alpha 0.9.9 Fault reports

neox3

Re: V2 Alpha 0.9.9 Fault reports

Post by neox3 »

hi, i have a strange behavior in the new beta.

in a cartesian 3d printer, all is ok, but in a 32bits , marlin , delta, the printer print with micro pauses, prints something (2 or 3 seconds) and pauses 1 or 2 second, continues 2 3 seconds, and pauses the movement another second...
if i see what happens in the pause, the extruder retracts and undo-retract, stoped in the place of the pause.

In cura and prusa slicer, all is oK.

very strange
pjr

Post by pjr »

neox3 wrote:hi, i have a strange behavior in the new beta.

in a cartesian 3d printer, all is ok, but in a 32bits , marlin , delta, the printer print with micro pauses, prints something (2 or 3 seconds) and pauses 1 or 2 second, continues 2 3 seconds, and pauses the movement another second...
if i see what happens in the pause, the extruder retracts and undo-retract, stoped in the place of the pause.

In cura and prusa slicer, all is oK.

very strange
Can you please zip up and attach a G-code file where this happens.

Thanks.

Peter
neox3

Post by neox3 »

yes, here it is.

i tried with preload at 0, and same pauses occur .

firmware marlin 2.0.x bugfix , bondtech extruder and custom kossel using electronics bigtreetech skr 1.3 + tmc 2208 in uart mode.

i think the problem is in relationship width, that this version of kiss generates for a simple cube a gcode of 100.000 lines and 2.90 mbs!! where for example cura only needs 10.000 lines and the file is of 300kbytes, you can see that the printer slowdowns before the pause in layer ends, like the electronics cant handle all the commands of the file
Attachments
xyz-cube.zip
(938.06 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

neox3 wrote:yes, here it is.
Thanks.

You have comments turned off, so I will also need a project file to check things out properly.

FWIW, I sliced a similar model with my default settings; the file was one third the size of yours with comments turned on.

Also, how are you printing this? (SD card or Serial/USB) If serial, what is your baud rate?

Thanks

Peter
neox3

Post by neox3 »

pjr wrote:
neox3 wrote:yes, here it is.
Thanks.

You have comments turned off, so I will also need a project file to check things out properly.

FWIW, I sliced a similar model with my default settings; the file was one third the size of yours with comments turned on.

Also, how are you printing this? (SD card or Serial/USB) If serial, what is your baud rate?

Thanks

Peter
yeah, i turned comments off, to see if the file was less in size...

i tryed usb and sd, my baud rate is 250.000

i upload a project file in the evening

edit: project!!
Attachments
test.zip
project
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
AdrianR52

Post by AdrianR52 »

I find that the predicted filament usage is not recognised by current reprep firmware. Seems to be because the alpha version records ; Ext #1 = xxxxmm, whereas the previous release version records ;Ext 1 = xxxxmm in the gcode file. The latter is recognised by reprap. Is there a reason for this change?
Cameluntu

Post by Cameluntu »

I have exactly the same issue and I can't solve it. Micropauses every 20/30 sec of printing. I have tried increasing Marlin buffer size, lower oversampling resolution and other but nothing seems to work. Anyone has a solution yet?