Alpha Development

Beefi

Re: Alpha Development

Post by Beefi »

but I never got to the bottom of it :(
Are you involved in programming KISSlicer? I mean do you together (with jonathan) write on KISSlicer code?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Beefi wrote:Are you involved in programming KISSlicer? I mean do you together (with jonathan) write on KISSlicer code?
No, this is Jonathan's project. I just do my best to assist, and I am a programmer, but this stuff is way too complex for me. The best I managed was a post-processor for SNMM printers :(

Anyway, I have news.

The problem in this instance is not the Oversampling Resolution. All that does is change the surface point position.

The undercut on the gear where the bridging occurs is precisely 1.5mm. At 0.2mm layer heights, KISS is sampling at 0.1, 0.3, 0.5...1.3,1.5,1.7... mm heights. In other words exactly at the height of the undercut/bridge of the gear.

Unfortunately, the triangles making up the skin of the model may not be exactly precise and this causes exceedingly small "dimples" in the surface, and those dimples show up on occasional sampled points (depending on which surface points are taken into account - hence resolution changes the points) and end up having their own perimeters.

There are a couple of solutions.

Amend the model such that the undercut on the gear is 1.49 (or 1.51) mm. Or slice with layer height of 0.2005mm or even use adaptive layer heights. Anything other than have the surface precisely in the middle of a layer.

So, the good news is that this is not a KISS fault; KISS is slicing the model correctly, but the model has some extremely minor faults :D

Peter

P.S. I just wish I new enough to diagnose this stuff myself :(
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

Here , up to now, all goes well with the new alpha release. The underextrusion after layer change is away . I also did not see the problem of settings getting destroyed .
hevilp

Post by hevilp »

Do we have a changelog?
pjr

Post by pjr »

hevilp wrote:Do we have a changelog?
No, but there will be one when the beta is out (currently on alpha releases).

Peter
percar

Post by percar »

Is there further development happening to kisslicer. We don't seem to be getting any information
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

Just to second that..

A comment at least..what is going on from time to time should be the least for a "commercial" product.
Abom

Post by Abom »

I would expect a lot more activity on this considering that they took money for it. For that matter, this whole forum is so dead that I worry for the future of this. Seems like it's a dead product.
percar

Post by percar »

Just a quick question and remarks
It would be nice if the comments on the Kisslicer website would remove the statement that Kisslicer The forum is having technical difficulties!
(We're working on it and will be back up as soon as possible.) is removed as I have been able to get onto this forum for quite a while

Also is there any further Alpha development
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

looking like a ghost town around here.....