KISSlicer V2.0 Alpha Fault Reports

hacker

Re: KISSlicer V2.0 Alpha Fault Reports

Post by hacker »

This thread looks pretty much my own, just wondering if I'm the only one trying out Kiss2 or no one else faces issues? :)
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:This thread looks pretty much my own, just wondering if I'm the only one trying out Kiss2 or no one else faces issues? :)
No, you are not alone. I am also using it to work on a secret project ;) And I already have a list for Jonathan, some of which you have also reported.

Most important thing for me is to increase the number of "extruders".

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

What's the difference between "extruders" and extruders? And if there's none (as I can't come up with a good idea) are going above four?

And while I'm here, I think previously when I loaded part with empty spaces within, it used to propose to turn them into voids, now it doesn't. Not a big deal, but don't know if it's intended.
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:What's the difference between "extruders" and extruders? And if there's none (as I can't come up with a good idea) are going above four?
SNMM (single nozzle multi-material). There's only one extruder, but 4 (or 5) "extruders". Well, that's the way I see it anyway.

Five "extruders": https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/printer-upg ... e-kit.html It's difficult to set up profiles for printers that KISS cannot accommodate fully :(

Then there's the possibility of virtual extruders; something like a diamond hot end. Several extruder motors feeding into one nozzle.

Peter
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:And while I'm here, I think previously when I loaded part with empty spaces within, it used to propose to turn them into voids, now it doesn't. Not a big deal, but don't know if it's intended.
I think they are void by default now. Or at least, the models I have been slicing which contain voids are. But (as you know) you can also set meshes as "void" as well.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

Ah, okay, I thought of extruder as a cold end. Strictly speaking, we're talking about cold ends vs hot ends, mixing or switching ( I'm using homebrew https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3028284 to switch filaments, guess it's pretty similar). And so what is it you're asking for?

And no, I don't think they're void by default. At least one can't tell by the extruder mapping window. And yes, I know how to set them to void manually.

One more thing — if two voids are on the same z, then there are two pauses "after each void". I don't think that was the case in previous version. Again, it's not a problem, but doesn't make much sense either.
hacker

Post by hacker »

Yes, I loaded the old model and it proposed to map them to void. I think the difference is that the new model has two separate objects each has a hollow space within.
pjr

Post by pjr »

In my mind, and extruder is the complete thing; basically from motor to nozzle.

Your multiplexer can handle up to 6 filament feeds, so you need to power up to 6 extruder motors.

You can't do that easily with KISS at present. And if you want to colour-mix in the nozzle, I don't think that's possible at all.

So we need more than 4 extruders defines within KISS and we need virtual extruders for colour mixing, where 2 (or more) extruder motors are driven simultaneously.

I have added the "pause after void" double-pause fault.

Will check voids.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:In my mind, and extruder is the complete thing; basically from motor to nozzle.

Your multiplexer can handle up to 6 filament feeds, so you need to power up to 6 extruder motors.

You can't do that easily with KISS at present. And if you want to colour-mix in the nozzle, I don't think that's possible at all.

So we need more than 4 extruders defines within KISS and we need virtual extruders for colour mixing, where 2 (or more) extruder motors are driven simultaneously.

I have added the "pause after void" double-pause fault.

Will check voids.

Peter
My multiplexer can handle up to N feeds, but I only printed 4-way version. KISSlicer limitation was one of the reasons I didn't even consider going for more. And of course I also have no room for so many spools ;-) But yes, you can define things in many ways. If you have multiplexer you can even define the whole thing as extruder. So what you're asking for is basically to increase the amount of T<N> tools? Or do you want kiss to also handle mixing in some way? Just curious.

The double pause might have been a false alarm, at least it doesn't seem to happen again and I have neither old stl nor old gcode anymore, if it happens again I'll save g-code and if possible stl (that is if it will not be trashed).

Let me know if you need test case models for voids, I think I can come up with some if my hypothesis is right. Generally, I think it's only fair if you want me to do some homework here.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Firstly, the extruder thing is neither my idea nor what I am asking for. But if Jonathan wants to sell KISS to PR customers, some changes here will be needed.

I don't have much spare time at the moment, but I will get around to testing the voids. No problem, and thank you!

Peter