"Coast" Is Not A Bad Word

inventabuild

"Coast" Is Not A Bad Word

Post by inventabuild »

KISSlicer has not implemented Coast yet; however I think if implemented properly it help with some prints.

"Only Coast When Crossing Open Spaces" will allow people to set Coast relatively high, for example 0.1 mm or higher, to eliminate strings when traveling across open spaces while at the same time eliminate the underextrusion cumulative effect of too many Coast when printing the solid / sparse infill portion of the part.

I understand Jonathan's new toolkits are designed to eliminate stringing and oozing, but in my experience they are not always perfect so a little Coast at critical junctures like only when crossing open spaces will give a little insurance to help eliminating stringing.
mhackney

Re: "Coast" Is Not A Bad Word

Post by mhackney »

KISS has "Wipe" and the upcoming 1.6.3 has a new feature called "Travel" to manage travel over open spaces.
inventabuild

Re: "Coast" Is Not A Bad Word

Post by inventabuild »

Thanks, I find it helpful sometimes to add a little Coast with wipe, although a long enough wipe should release the same amount of filament but might be subject to the path that wipe travels.

I'm glad to hear KISS is still in development. If you know of a release date please tell.