KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

hacker

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Post by hacker »

I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.
For me, all warming and cooling is carries out on the tower, however, there is a problem. When printing a material at (say) 230 degrees and the next requires a temp of only (say 190 degrees), you have to maintain the 230 until the purge is almost complete; the case is not true when switch the other way; you have to get the higher temp immediately. So (on the feature request) we need to have the max of new and old material as a setting during the purge.

Maybe if you were to add a 1mm^3 Cool-Purge, the temps would change on the tower?

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:
hacker wrote:I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.
For me, all warming and cooling is carries out on the tower, however, there is a problem. When printing a material at (say) 230 degrees and the next requires a temp of only (say 190 degrees), you have to maintain the 230 until the purge is almost complete; the case is not true when switch the other way; you have to get the higher temp immediately. So (on the feature request) we need to have the max of new and old material as a setting during the purge.

Maybe if you were to add a 1mm^3 Cool-Purge, the temps would change on the tower?

Peter
The temperature issue is related, but a different one, my cool purge is quite large, but it still produces code like

Code: Select all

G1 X-12.725 Y0.496 E-0.58094 F137.1
;
; 'Destring/Wipe/Jump Path', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 20.0 [head mm/s]
; 'Destring Suck'
G1 E-1.12 F1875
; head speed 20.000000, filament speed 0.000000, preload 0.000000
G1 X-12.725 Y0.496 Z0.35 E0 F600
;
; *** Cool-Purge Path requires Cooling Same Extruder (1) to 190 C ***
; GC-CoolSame EXT:0 TEMP:190 BED:50 PRIME:7.418,-62.087 NEXT:7.418,-72.087 XYZ:-12.725,0.496,0.3500
…
; /GC-CoolSame
;
;
; 'Purge Path', 1.5 [feed mm/s], 20.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X16.922 Y-53.445 E0 F15000
G1 X16.922 Y-53.445 Z0.25 E0 F600
; 'Destring Prime'
G1 E1.12 F1875
; head speed 20.000000, filament speed 1.543634, preload 4.090128
G1 X17.069 Y-53.445 E0.01133 F1200
As you can see, the coolsame happens on the object (X-12.725 Y0.496) and only after coolsame it jumps to purge structure (X16.922 Y-53.445). Moreover, if I turn "arc" (not that I fully understand what it is and why it's good) it does that path after doing coolsame? I can get away by switching temperature without waiting here, but I wanted to try actually waiting, because once in a while heat creep affects PLA badly especially if printed as a support for ABS…

Are you sure that's not the case for you? I can't imagine why would it be affected by settings, but I'll pack up project file and stuff to make sure and figure that out, if it doesn't happen to you.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Sorry, you are quite correct and of course, I use M104; I want it to be actioned early (non-printing commands actioned immediately on receipt) so the nozzle is starting to cool before the purge.

If it moved to purge tower and then actioned the G-code you could force it to happen at the right time (with a pause if necessary).

Will add this to the list.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:Sorry, you are quite correct and of course, I use M104; I want it to be actioned early (non-printing commands actioned immediately on receipt) so the nozzle is starting to cool before the purge.

If it moved to purge tower and then actioned the G-code you could force it to happen at the right time (with a pause if necessary).

Will add this to the list.

Peter
Thanks! Yes using 104 should so, but sometimes would require bigger cold-purge volume. Which makes me think that maybe it would make sense to have it adjustable per-filament. Most of non-PLA filaments can do even without cold purge at all.
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:
hacker wrote:If one clicks "open" and then change my mind and cancel, there's this annoying popup saying no valid filename selected (at least in mac version). I think omitting this popup in case of cancel would be a nice addition.
Added this as a fault.

Peter
Similarly, if I have KISSLicer open before rebooting the machine and it's autostarted on login it gives this same message. I think it happens even if there was no STL open in KISS before the reboot. And it's not about STL disappearing in the meantime.
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

If not posted by others, i have few wishes :

Remembering of last path used per function. It´s tedious that KS tries to save the Gcode in the same folder as it was last reading a STL file..

It´s leading to print old gcodes as the newer one might ( and it happened to me ) be saved elsewhere than on the SD 0r Octoprint share.

A bit more clear and less confusing rotation of objects .. rotate x rotate y rotate z instead of x_up y_up

harry
hevilp

Post by hevilp »

I would like to have the option to chose different skin thickness for bottom top and sides
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

I want a brighter and more colorful picture with a visible gradation of colors after slicing. Now I do not understand what happened, very sluggish slurred picture. Cura and S3D are an example of how the picture should look after slicing.
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

Cthutq wrote:I want a brighter and more colorful picture with a visible gradation of colors after slicing. Now I do not understand what happened, very sluggish slurred picture. Cura and S3D are an example of how the picture should look after slicing.
I think we all would wish that. As much as i would like, i must confess that a slicer is a mainly to produce hard output and for me the result in plastic counts more than the visual representation. Having a few more options as have been requested by many, is more worth than a nice display on screen which can mean a lot of work involved .