KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

abecker

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Post by abecker »

1) Rotate the object around X, Y, and Z axis
2) Intelligent Infill - automatically raises and lowers depending on distance from wall or ceiling.
Beefeater

Post by Beefeater »

This is actually a bug report for 1.6, but a relatively urgent one. I had previously posted in the wrong place, so no one noticed. Probably a one-liner fix, but KS 1.6 is effectively unusable on BFB right now because of it.

Here's the bug: Incorrect extrusion speed is written when deciRPM happens to be divisible by 10. So we get "M108 S6" instead of "M108 S60". For example, in the attached .BFB file, it's "M108 S59" in all layers except the topmost, where it's suddenly "M108 S6". A large G-code file will have a million of these. Not easy to find.

Any chance of a quick fix, or shall I go beck to (I presume) RC1 prior to deci-rpm rounding?

Thanks!
Attachments
KisslicerFlowRoundoffBug.rar
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
rmat

Post by rmat »

I dont know is it a bug or not, but in current 1.6 one cannot inflate support in combo with raft.

Can someone please check this and if so, can it be corrected i V2?

Best regards, Matej
3DBastler

Post by 3DBastler »

1)
Please move (or duplicate) the x/y slider which moves the stl on the bed
from profile settings window to the little window which apears when a stl was loaded.
In fact that you'll find inside this little window all other stuff to handle the stl, i.e. rotating, I believe this would a better place for that feature.
It was the first place I looked for this. :)
2)
If the above could be implemented,
could we have the feature to move each single loaded stl by this sliders to it's own place on the bed too? (like the rotation?)
This way (seperate placement for each single stl) user could arrange the stl(s) himself to a place he like it to be it/them.
The feature auto placement (i.e. used by rotation) could have a switch to turn it on/off then.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Peter, thanks for listing "Lock styles with paths Inventabuild" and that's good for starters. Ultimately, complete profiles (all tabs) assignable by height is a good end game to kill many birds w/ one stone. On some of my parts I print a couple layers of text against the build plate and on other surfaces of the part at a slow speed, and I increase the print speed on the layers that are not printing text. Currently, I have to manually splice several gcode files together to achieve different profiles on different layers.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

I'd like to add "Change style at set layer height" s/b per extruder. Back to my example of printing text, I'd like to continue printing the text slow, but I'd like to be able to print the surrounding area (the background) a little faster.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Please add:

1. Showing the Printer G-code paths and extrusions. For example if I have a prime line, I would like that to show in the Paths view.
2. Allow N[^] Layers to run on the first layer when set to 0 and let -1 disable. I have some code that I run in that tab and I also have to add it to the Prefix tab if I want it to run at the beginning of the print. I'd rather have it all controlled in the N[^] Layers tab. To allay concerns of people that are using the current set up, maybe have a separate check box that will let it run at the beginning of the print as well.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Prime Pillar prints on the edge of the part when Misc./Print Order is set to Simultaneous or Model Tab Order. Sequential prints fine.
Prime Pillar Overlaps Part.JPG
Prime Pillar Overlaps Part.JPG (42.08 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

I just add some features I would like to see, I talk about them into some other threads (I put the links):

- moving and rotating objects independently and precisely onto the buildplate,
- splitting objects into components while maintaining their respective positions
I'm talking about those 2 here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2081&p=5964#p5964

- cutting a model in two halves and print them (without the need of another software to do this operation). Talking about this here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2027
- supports on buildplate only. Talking about this here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1989
- removable and/or manual supports (I think I don't need to explain this one... :D that would be awesome)
- showing the axis of x, y and z in the corner of the buildplate as a reminder of the direction of the axis (useful when you design something and want to assign a coordinate system to the model so it's in the right position in the slicer, without the need to rotate it)
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

I didn't now where to put those features requests above, I just noticed that there is another thread for features requests. @pjr should I also post this list into this thread ? viewforum.php?f=13