KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:Beside the possibility of doing something I see the difference in license — I have PRO and I didn't buy a new pro, that's the one I've had from the earlier release, no idea if it matters, while you have PREMIUM. And I use mac.
Well, I have to say that I hadn't realised I had a "Premium" licence! Maybe that's for testing the really new features (not included so far). I don't think it makes any difference to this.

Will have a look at your files and get back to you...

Peter
pjr

Post by pjr »

OK, so it seems to be down to the Settings/Printer/Extruder Hardware/Cool-Purge [mm^3] value. Yours is set to zero; try a small value (say 1) and see what happens :)

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:OK, so it seems to be down to the Settings/Printer/Extruder Hardware/Cool-Purge [mm^3] value. Yours is set to zero; try a small value (say 1) and see what happens :)

Peter
Yes! Thanks Peter, stupid of me not to try every lever and knob in there ;-)

I'd still consider it a bug for I can't imagine what one has to do with the other, but sounds like it's time to test-print something, pity I don't need to print anything yet :)

And while we're at it, this display problem:
travel.png
travel.png (14.49 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
see that thing going from skirt to the part in the same model? It is in fact a travel move in g-code, but isn't displayed as such (unless you color by path type, in which case it's colored as a travel move).

But I believe I'm using the wrong thread anyway.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Great, so that's solved-ish...

I will create a new thread for V2 Alpha fault reports.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

1. Allow for the purge octagon have two speeds, one super fast for most of the purge (60 mm/sec+) and one super slow at the very end of the purge (5 mm/sec) to make the purge super fast until the end where it slows down to prevent dripping as the hot moves to the part. Shown here as a large fast (50x50) and small (10x10) slow purge towers, but Jonathan can make them into one:
Large Fast + Small Slow Prime Pillar
Large Fast + Small Slow Prime Pillar
2. Make texture surface on top (and if possible on the bottom) of the part, not just the sides.
Tinchus2009

Post by Tinchus2009 »

I have been testing the dinamic infill: SUPER NIC FEATURE. I would ask a small change there. Nw, the dnamic infill is aplied in the X y coordinates. Would be usefull to have the choice to be aplied in the Z axis. Why? if you want the dinamic infill aplied in some particular direction, you can just roteate the model and that will do it. BUT in some situations, you want that dinamic infill to be aplied in a direction, and if you rotate the object the object will end in a bad printing position (a position for example where you will need supports). This sutiation would be solved is we have the posibility of selecting x/y or Z as the axis for the dinamic density image be aplied.
hacker

Post by hacker »

Was thinking whether it's feature request or fault report, decided to post here mainly because it's not 2.0 alpha fault, but has always been the case.

If one clicks "open" and then change my mind and cancel, there's this annoying popup saying no valid filename selected (at least in mac version). I think omitting this popup in case of cancel would be a nice addition.
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:If one clicks "open" and then change my mind and cancel, there's this annoying popup saying no valid filename selected (at least in mac version). I think omitting this popup in case of cancel would be a nice addition.
Added this as a fault.

Peter
Lykle

Post by Lykle »

I slice for 3 different printers. Quite often with the same materials and settings, but the printer profile is different.

Is there an easy way to add a selection table, where people can select parts of the profile they want to add to the filename?
This way if I slice and file an object for my BI, the filename will be test_BI.gcode (as an example)
It certainly would make my life easier.

The reason I mention a selection table is that some want to select the material name, or the settings profile. In my case it is only printer, but this would be useful for more options I think.

Lykle
PS I know, it is easy to edit the filename, but I do it so often that I am really looking for some help.
hacker

Post by hacker »

Lykle wrote:I slice for 3 different printers. Quite often with the same materials and settings, but the printer profile is different.

Is there an easy way to add a selection table, where people can select parts of the profile they want to add to the filename?
This way if I slice and file an object for my BI, the filename will be test_BI.gcode (as an example)
It certainly would make my life easier.

The reason I mention a selection table is that some want to select the material name, or the settings profile. In my case it is only printer, but this would be useful for more options I think.

Lykle
PS I know, it is easy to edit the filename, but I do it so often that I am really looking for some help.
Maybe it's not exactly a proper solution, but for the time being maybe you can use postprocessor command to rename?