KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Post by pjr »

woody3dp wrote:I didn't now where to put those features requests above, I just noticed that there is another thread for features requests. @pjr should I also post this list into this thread ? viewforum.php?f=13

When I get the chance I will include them here; no need to repost etc.

Peter
BMMal

Post by BMMal »

I would like if Kisslicer would apply the Destring parameters to G10 and G11 (FW retract). Currently when turning G10 and G11 are turned on in Kisslcer, a retract and prime is executed every time the extruder stops rather than only when a destring is triggered. Another option would be to make this a feature set that can be selected from the "Mark Path Start/Stop" drop down so that the previous functionality is maintained while also adding the option to apply the Destring triggers.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Please add Seam Gap for Solid Infill.
BMMal

Post by BMMal »

Improve the latching option of the Support/raft so that the latch feature extends on top of the model material portion of the brim. This would produce a sort of tongue and groove cross section. I think this option would really help to lock down the edges of parts printed with difficult materials.

I am using latching to try to print POM with HIPS raft/support. My machine does not have a super flat bed as it is quite large and so by design, I use rafts with most every print (they also allow the right amount of sticking for printing as well as easy release for ABS, ASA, and PC.

Another method of locking two materials could be to print a grid in the raft where the lines in one direction are the support/raft material. Then a layer of spaced out support/raft material. Then at the same height the gaps between lines are filled with the first layer material. Then that all gets latched down with another sparse support/raft material layer. Hopefully then the first layer of the part would come in contact with the lines which have been interlocked by the support/raft material and will help improve the part adhesion. Maybe something similar could be done at the top of support structures as well? This type of mechanical locking effect might be achievable by not using solid support/object interface though?
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Please secure the Wall to the build platform the way you secure the Prime Pillar. I need a Wall printed for both extruders on the first layer which is what the Wall currently does; however one loop around the part does not always stay down with what I'm doing.

The Brim / Skirt option does not work for both extruders on the first layer.
funBart

Post by funBart »

Maybe I missed some, but:
-Great integration with the Mosaic palette to reduce filament at the prime tower
-slicing in another direction for slow slopes (https://www.craftbot.nl/2015/07/08/y-is ... direction/)
-smart influence between the stepover and by that the automatically generated support structure. As now people have to much knowledge at which layer height / path width support structure is needed.
-more automatic wizards, that works always. As beginners don't understand that they have to adjust the generated Gcode for their specific printer
-a huge library for filaments and -certainly- printers already available after downloading KS in it's excecutable
-dynamic density: more infill near the loops
-flexible filament feeling: what's the feel of the flexibility after printing an object: like a tupperware box or like a rubber band
-warp compensation in 3D. all filaments will result in the same dimensions of a print. So not only XY, but XYZ. That needs a volume analysis of a print.
-editing of a 3D print: click a surface and the print will placed on the bed on that surface
-cutting: after generating gcode, being able to cut it, to review infill/loops/ perimeter.
-travel moves visable
-accurate representation of seams after slicing
-stl error repairs
-solution for accurate holes: as now, because of the slight overlapping of the paths with a small hole, that will always result in overextrusion. That needs to be actively be compensated.
-solid infill and support speed separate settings
-no speed slider at the style tab anymore. Just one optimal speed setting at the print tab.
-yech: I hate the 'associated profiles" checkboxes. Unclear and not functional
-but saving a profile set with an stl set would be the best
-too much gcode tabs for printers
-unclear and not explained tokens for the gcode tabs. They are now only for the happy nerdy few. Maybe they are handy, but not without a good explanation.
-that said: all unclear and unexplained features are nice for the nerdy developer himself, but if unclear for the average user, why bother? KS shouldn't depend of nice people as Davide and Michael!
-the ext map tab removed and integrated on the style tab.
-manual support generation, to prevent to much distortion on other surfaces
2017-10-04_23-27-49.jpg
-negative inset, so outset for prints
-negative inflate of support possible
-real spiraling Vase mode
-better recognition of thin walls
-more consistent print sequence of small islands: as now -for example- first the infill is printed, than the perimeter, than other islands, and than the crowning. That's disturbing a nice print (as an architectural model with a lot of columns). Crowning should be combined with infill.
-bridging is the king! Because of the oversample resolution the gcode is always not exactly as the stl. And by that KS assumes things, causing clear bridged extrusions to be fragmented and by that ugly.
-so: oversample should be able to be zero -as it's the exact stl- and not result in infinite slicing times.
-editing possible, like adding text on the print (like 3D builder)
Bart ter Haar
CraftBot PLUS support: https://www.CraftBot.nl
funBart

Post by funBart »

Also: a clear difference between the PRO and Free version.
For me (and as it is) multiple extruders is a difference. But the stepover function certainly as well.

In general, for the free slicers, Cura and Slic3R are competitive. But we all know that they both won't generate nice support structure or see thin walls.
See this post about it, I made earlier. https://www.craftbot.nl/2017/04/04/new- ... comparing/

So, when releasing KISSliceer 2.0: there should be a clear difference between the free and paid PRO version.
But: I wouldn't mind at all to pay again for the new PRO version after 2.0, when it has great new features. As long bugs are resolved for earlier PRO users before the 2.0 version.

You can't expect that you get endless updates of software. Seen the price of KS it's reasonable that you have to pay again when new really features are introduced. I think the stepover function is introduced to fast: it does belong to KS 2.0. And I think we should pay for that PRO function even when it's already in KS 1.6.
Seen Jonathans sole man effort , it''s a no brainer to me ;-)

Bart
Bart ter Haar
CraftBot PLUS support: https://www.CraftBot.nl
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Please revisit print paths for v1.6 Release Candidate 2.5 versus v1.6.2 Release. Unless there are some circumstances I'm not aware of, v1.6 Release Candidate 2.5 has more robust print paths. v1.6.2 Release seems more likely to leave gaps in my prints.
Print Gaps In Y Extremities And Between Letters N And Y
Print Gaps In Y Extremities And Between Letters N And Y
v1.6.2_Letters_NY.JPG (28.21 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
No Significant Print Gaps In Or Around The Letters N And Y
v1.6_Release_Candidate_2.5_Letters_NY.JPG (20.85 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
Edit: v1.6 Release also looks good with minimal gaps, but not quite as good as v1.6 Release Candidate 2.5 above
v1.6_Release.JPG (20.08 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
Last edited by inventabuild on 03 Dec 2017, 00:21, edited 2 times in total.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

funBart wrote:...I wouldn't mind at all to pay again for the new PRO version after 2.0, when it has great new features...

...You can't expect that you get endless updates of software. Seen the price of KS it's reasonable that you have to pay again when new really features are introduced...

..Seen Jonathans sole man effort , it''s a no brainer to me ;-)

Bart
I second everything Bart said. Plus, KS has really evolved into a next generation slicer with its Wizards and Preload and Stepover functionality.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

I think most KS aficionado would pay an upgrade fee for KS 2.0+ with all the new features.

Alternatively new features like the upcoming printing patterns and even some of those advanced features already released like the Preload Wizard could become part of a toolkit-add-on (that really would be the new Pro) purchased separately for people that already own KS.

KS is still less expensive than S3D and offers superior functionality in many ways.

I'm not an expert in marketing, just trying to give Jonathan his dues. The other slicers like Cura and S3D have a team of programmers (as far as I know) and Jonathan is a one man army beating them all in many respects.