Alpha Development

Alpha Development

Postby abecker » 10 Oct 2018, 10:28

Has development stopped on the alpha version?
abecker
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 17:08

Re: Alpha Development

Postby smalluseful » 10 Oct 2018, 10:49

And will there be a Linux 64 bit appimage of it?
smalluseful
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 11:36

Re: Alpha Development

Postby pjr » 10 Oct 2018, 13:22

abecker wrote:Has development stopped on the alpha version?


No, there are things currently in progress, but work was suspended for a while due to the wild fires :(

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 563
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: Alpha Development

Postby walker » 30 Nov 2018, 11:34

pjr wrote:
abecker wrote:Has development stopped on the alpha version?


No, there are things currently in progress, but work was suspended for a while due to the wild fires :(

Peter


Hi,
any progress? Kisslicer v2 looks very well but what is the current status? And also will be the linux version? At this time I'm using wine to use it.
Thank you for info
walker
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 13:17

Re: Alpha Development

Postby pjr » 30 Nov 2018, 14:40

walker wrote:any progress?


Yes; there are some new features currently pre-alpha; there's also a lot of fault fixes from the V2 alpha which are on-going.

As with all software, it just can't be released until a certain point is reached.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 563
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: Alpha Development

Postby abecker » 11 Jan 2019, 08:17

Any updates on how V2 alpha is coming along?
abecker
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 17:08

Re: Alpha Development

Postby Sue3DDesigns » 16 Jan 2019, 06:46

abecker wrote:Any updates on how V2 alpha is coming along?

+1

Curious about the state of play as my company is looking to publish an article about adding a 'woodgrain' to objects, and one of the methods discussed requires the purchase of KS Premium (Texture Wizard).
It would be useful to know if this is being developed further, and if there are any bugfixes and new features coming soon.

Jonathan, if you are still having troubles after the wildfires, I'm sorry to add more stress to you.
If you get time to write just a few words to let us know about your KS progress (or lack of it ;) ), I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be grateful.

Best wishes, Susi. xx
Sue3DDesigns
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Oct 2018, 02:36
Location: England

Re: Alpha Development

Postby calinb » 04 Feb 2019, 03:17

smalluseful wrote:And will there be a Linux 64 bit appimage of it?

I've run Kisslicer under a variety of Linux OSes since just about the time it was released and I'm now running V2 Alpha under a 32-bit WINE environment with 64-bit MX-Linux. Kisslicer has never struck me as a proggy that needs all the turn-key support (bloat) of an appimage. (Have you ever experienced waiting for a recent Cura appimage to load?) Jonathan seems to pretty much "roll his own" to create "drag, drop, and click" convenience, speed, and reliability right into Kisslicer, which is a very rare thing today!
KISSlicer user since 2012 (PRO since 2013)!
calinb
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Apr 2015, 13:05

Re: Alpha Development

Postby harrygeier » 12 Feb 2019, 07:43

HI,

again , i raise the question..what is the current status of development ??
Does Jonathan do anything on it ? Can we expect that will be actively developed in future ?
If Jonathan does not have time or does not have the will to continue , maybe making it opensource is an option ?

I know it is usable, creates to output , still , it lacks lot´s of additional features that make sense and it´s graphics are not really attracting. I was talking to someone who left it out in a comparision of slicers in a magazine lately. He said he avoided it , due to it´s awful graphics and other UI issues, combined with the ( which i personally like much ) uncommon parameter assembly .

anyone who knows anything ??
harrygeier
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Jan 2019, 13:29

Re: Alpha Development

Postby Cthutq » 12 Feb 2019, 07:58

harrygeier wrote:HI,

again , i raise the question..what is the current status of development ??
Does Jonathan do anything on it ? Can we expect that will be actively developed in future ?
If Jonathan does not have time or does not have the will to continue , maybe making it opensource is an option ?

I know it is usable, creates to output , still , it lacks lot´s of additional features that make sense and it´s graphics are not really attracting. I was talking to someone who left it out in a comparision of slicers in a magazine lately. He said he avoided it , due to it´s awful graphics and other UI issues, combined with the ( which i personally like much ) uncommon parameter assembly .

anyone who knows anything ??


I support the question, I just recently bought the Premium version and now I don’t understand Jonathan working on the development of the program or abandoned the slicer. Many of my friends say that something is wrong with the program, the author does not come here at all and does not answer questions.
Cthutq
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:45

Next

Return to Alpha release talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests