KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby hacker » 03 Sep 2018, 05:41

I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.
hacker
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby pjr » 03 Sep 2018, 06:52

hacker wrote:I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.


For me, all warming and cooling is carries out on the tower, however, there is a problem. When printing a material at (say) 230 degrees and the next requires a temp of only (say 190 degrees), you have to maintain the 230 until the purge is almost complete; the case is not true when switch the other way; you have to get the higher temp immediately. So (on the feature request) we need to have the max of new and old material as a setting during the purge.

Maybe if you were to add a 1mm^3 Cool-Purge, the temps would change on the tower?

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby hacker » 03 Sep 2018, 07:36

pjr wrote:
hacker wrote:I think it would be cool (and warm) if cooling and warming happened after moving to purge octagon and not while still sitting on the part.


For me, all warming and cooling is carries out on the tower, however, there is a problem. When printing a material at (say) 230 degrees and the next requires a temp of only (say 190 degrees), you have to maintain the 230 until the purge is almost complete; the case is not true when switch the other way; you have to get the higher temp immediately. So (on the feature request) we need to have the max of new and old material as a setting during the purge.

Maybe if you were to add a 1mm^3 Cool-Purge, the temps would change on the tower?

Peter


The temperature issue is related, but a different one, my cool purge is quite large, but it still produces code like

Code: Select all
G1 X-12.725 Y0.496 E-0.58094 F137.1
;
; 'Destring/Wipe/Jump Path', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 20.0 [head mm/s]
; 'Destring Suck'
G1 E-1.12 F1875
; head speed 20.000000, filament speed 0.000000, preload 0.000000
G1 X-12.725 Y0.496 Z0.35 E0 F600
;
; *** Cool-Purge Path requires Cooling Same Extruder (1) to 190 C ***
; GC-CoolSame EXT:0 TEMP:190 BED:50 PRIME:7.418,-62.087 NEXT:7.418,-72.087 XYZ:-12.725,0.496,0.3500

; /GC-CoolSame
;
;
; 'Purge Path', 1.5 [feed mm/s], 20.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X16.922 Y-53.445 E0 F15000
G1 X16.922 Y-53.445 Z0.25 E0 F600
; 'Destring Prime'
G1 E1.12 F1875
; head speed 20.000000, filament speed 1.543634, preload 4.090128
G1 X17.069 Y-53.445 E0.01133 F1200


As you can see, the coolsame happens on the object (X-12.725 Y0.496) and only after coolsame it jumps to purge structure (X16.922 Y-53.445). Moreover, if I turn "arc" (not that I fully understand what it is and why it's good) it does that path after doing coolsame? I can get away by switching temperature without waiting here, but I wanted to try actually waiting, because once in a while heat creep affects PLA badly especially if printed as a support for ABS…

Are you sure that's not the case for you? I can't imagine why would it be affected by settings, but I'll pack up project file and stuff to make sure and figure that out, if it doesn't happen to you.
hacker
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby pjr » 03 Sep 2018, 08:05

Sorry, you are quite correct and of course, I use M104; I want it to be actioned early (non-printing commands actioned immediately on receipt) so the nozzle is starting to cool before the purge.

If it moved to purge tower and then actioned the G-code you could force it to happen at the right time (with a pause if necessary).

Will add this to the list.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby hacker » 03 Sep 2018, 09:27

pjr wrote:Sorry, you are quite correct and of course, I use M104; I want it to be actioned early (non-printing commands actioned immediately on receipt) so the nozzle is starting to cool before the purge.

If it moved to purge tower and then actioned the G-code you could force it to happen at the right time (with a pause if necessary).

Will add this to the list.

Peter


Thanks! Yes using 104 should so, but sometimes would require bigger cold-purge volume. Which makes me think that maybe it would make sense to have it adjustable per-filament. Most of non-PLA filaments can do even without cold purge at all.
hacker
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby hacker » 12 Sep 2018, 04:59

pjr wrote:
hacker wrote:If one clicks "open" and then change my mind and cancel, there's this annoying popup saying no valid filename selected (at least in mac version). I think omitting this popup in case of cancel would be a nice addition.


Added this as a fault.

Peter


Similarly, if I have KISSLicer open before rebooting the machine and it's autostarted on login it gives this same message. I think it happens even if there was no STL open in KISS before the reboot. And it's not about STL disappearing in the meantime.
hacker
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Postby harrygeier » 07 Jan 2019, 06:18

If not posted by others, i have few wishes :

Remembering of last path used per function. It´s tedious that KS tries to save the Gcode in the same folder as it was last reading a STL file..

It´s leading to print old gcodes as the newer one might ( and it happened to me ) be saved elsewhere than on the SD 0r Octoprint share.

A bit more clear and less confusing rotation of objects .. rotate x rotate y rotate z instead of x_up y_up

harry
harrygeier
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Jan 2019, 13:29

Previous

Return to Alpha release talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest