New with Kisslicer (Ender 3)

ismaelzsilva

New with Kisslicer (Ender 3)

Post by ismaelzsilva »

Hi! I am trying to set up a nice profile to my Ender 3, but first i want to transform it to a direct extruder because my retraction problems after replacing the TFTE tube. By my eyes this is not a big forum, but a very nice one with nice people helping each other. I´m from spain, sorry in advance for my bad sentences.

Have a good prints and a nice weekend!
pjr

Re: New with Kisslicer (Ender 3)

Post by pjr »

Hello and welcome!

I had a feeling that you were having retraction issues from the pictures you posted yesterday. Preload at 0.75 and retraction at 4mm. In an ideal situation, Preload should almost eliminate the need for retraction, even on a Bowden system.

Peter
ismaelzsilva

Post by ismaelzsilva »

pjr wrote:Hello and welcome!

I had a feeling that you were having retraction issues from the pictures you posted yesterday. Preload at 0.75 and retraction at 4mm. In an ideal situation, Preload should almost eliminate the need for retraction, even on a Bowden system.

Peter
Hi. It´s already configured with that configuration. I am looking for an explication of how configure the preload correctly. I dont understand some things in ViscoElasticity wizard.
I know what is the nozzle diameter, but what is "Nozzle length" and "Drive length"? Where can i find that information?
pjr

Post by pjr »

ismaelzsilva wrote: I know what is the nozzle diameter, but what is "Nozzle length" and "Drive length"? Where can i find that information?
Nozzle length is the length of the nozzle throat - usually between 1.5 and 2 times the nozzle diameter. See dimension "C" in the "Tip Geometry" table of this page: https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Document/ ... RdB1k/.pdf

Drive length is the approximate distance between the filament drive gear and the nozzle tip.

Peter
ismaelzsilva

Post by ismaelzsilva »

Thank you very much! i will try it today and upload some pictures and settings :D