just another new user

harrygeier

just another new user

Post by harrygeier »

HI,
i am from Germany. I am a bit elderly ,IT Engineer as profession. I work a lot with 3D Printing , i give classes on that matter as well as on CAD ( FreeCAD ) .

I came to Kissslicer on Mr. Hackney´s blog activity. I was looking for the final slicer when i came across it. I have been heavily using Ideamaker, Cura, Craftware and IceSL in the past. After seeing Craftware getting stuck in development and never able to create a decent support transfer layer, as well as having been fooled by Ideamakers confusing change at last Version ( brought me close to throwing out all stuff ) which caused intermittent heavy underextrsuion and stuck filament. I was then looking around what slicer an outperform all the other fancy stuff. Well , i was able to reproduce the results which others had with KissSlicer and now i probably will stay with it.
pjr

Re: just another new user

Post by pjr »

Hi Harry and welcome :)

I also went through a few slicers in the "early days" before settling on KISS. Unfortunately, KISS development does appear to be start/stop Jonathan (the developer) is working on it regularly - but it is not his main source of income.

And unfortunately, support is pretty much limited (at the moment) to this forum, plus Michael's excellent blog and videos.

However, it seems that KISS users are pretty happy with the results from this slicer and as a consequence, they are very loyal.

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to post in the forum.

Peter
harrygeier

Re: just another new user

Post by harrygeier »

Hi Peter,

well , it´s clear that Programmers who do not actively earn a sufficient amount of money from their Porgrams, can not spend all their time on such. I am so far happy with it and today , even not really needing yet, purchased a premium license.

I conclude the first weekend of intense working with it as beeing really satisfied with the prints that came out of my printers. Among other positives I was able to do a couple of things, like stable PETG printing without a cloud of strings.

I will post a few early wishes in the alpha request thread and wait patiently..it´s easy to wait , as it DOES work very good !

Harry