A Word of Thanks

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum
pekwalker

A Word of Thanks

Post by pekwalker »

I am new to 3D Printing in general and as my first printer bought a MakerFarm 12" i3v. Per the recommendation of the seller I was using Slic3r and was very unhappy with my printer in general and was about to give up completely on it. Then I read somewhere about Kisslicer, started using it, and my printer became all new to me and I am very happy now. The quality difference is like night and day. Currently I am using the latest Beta release and hope to someday buy the Pro version as I learn more and get better at 3D Printing. For now, I just wanted to say thanks to the developer for making this amazing program and all of the folks here keeping it going.
PenskeGuy

Re: A Word of Thanks

Post by PenskeGuy »

Glad you got your printer back. As you'll no doubt read in other threads, Slic3r and others do some things better than KS. Just keep all of them in your toolset and use the one that works the best for a given situation. You'll learn what those are as you go along. It is a fledgling industry and there are a lot of rough edges, still. Experience will get you through. Just keep at it and apply what you learn along the way.