Preload vP?

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum
Cthutq

Re: Preload vP?

Post by Cthutq »

Thank Hutch. There is another problem. In my region (Russia, Ukraine) the main page of the program is blocked. To access you need to find a VPN that allows you to get to the program page. The program forum is not blocked and is freely available.
Alexander Mundy

Post by Alexander Mundy »

Thanks! What program did you take those screen shots from?
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Alexander Mundy wrote:Thanks! What program did you take those screen shots from?
That program is Simplify3D - I hardly use it anymore but it's gcode view is nice - it's expensive software and not good for much...
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Cthutq wrote:Thank Hutch. There is another problem. In my region (Russia, Ukraine) the main page of the program is blocked. To access you need to find a VPN that allows you to get to the program page. The program forum is not blocked and is freely available.
Ahh that's rough but all I was linking to on the program page was one file tuning .ini setting. Copy below and save as .ini

[KS_Wizard Temperature Style]
quality_percentage=60
layer_thickness_mm=0.2
max_layer_thickness_mm=0
first_layer_thickness_mm=0
unsupported_stepover_mm=0.25
supported_stepover_mm=0.25
extrusion_width_mm=0.4
num_loops=1.5
skin_thickness_mm=0.4
infill_extrusion_width=0.4
infill_density_denominator=11
stacked_layers=1
use_corners=1
force_joint_layers=0
loops_insideout=0
join_perimeter_loop=0
infill_st_oct_rnd=2
inset_surface_xy_mm=0
seam_jitter_degrees=0
seam_depth_scaler=0
seam_gap_scaler=0
seam_angle_degrees=270
crowning_threshold_mm=0
profile_date=2017-10-09 09:09:33
Cthutq

Post by Cthutq »

Thank you very much, I did everything. What's next ? I put the ini file in the program folder. How should this work further?
Maybe this file needs to be placed in the _styles folder?

PS I figured it out. The file was put in the _styles folder, selected it and all the settings appeared. Thanks again.
I do not understand why this ini file is not present in the program by default?
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Cthutq wrote:Thank you very much, I did everything. What's next ? I put the ini file in the program folder. How should this work further?
Maybe this file needs to be placed in the _styles folder?

PS I figured it out. The file was put in the _styles folder, selected it and all the settings appeared. Thanks again.
I do not understand why this ini file is not present in the program by default?
Yes sorry - you are correct to put it the styles folder. That would be nice to have that style in there by default but then maybe it would conflict with the first time setup. Glad you figured it out I am horrible at giving coherent instruction 0-O.