Select real filament color / Extruder Mapping

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum
BeNe

Select real filament color / Extruder Mapping

Post by BeNe »

Hello,

is there an Option in KISSlicer to select the real Filament color that is loaded in the printer for each Extruder ?
Every extruder has a color in the Extruder Mapping windows. But i don´t know how to change the colors to the current filament.
Extruder_Color.JPG
Extruder 1 is loaded with black filament instead of blue, and extruder 3 is loaded with a silver filament and not red.

Thanks!
hacker

Re: Select real filament color / Extruder Mapping

Post by hacker »

In the material profile:
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.48.01.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.48.01.png (26.61 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
BeNe

Post by BeNe »

Thanks for you answer!

But on this Tab i can only choose a color for all my extruder ?!
I choosed blue - but that is only one color that i can select. Where should i set the color for extruder 2-4 ?
extruder.JPG
extruder.JPG (84.97 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
extruder_2.JPG
extruder_2.JPG (83.91 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Was the meaning it should be on that tab - but there is also nothing:
extruder_4.JPG
extruder_4.JPG (69.69 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
I´m a bit confused :)
hacker

Post by hacker »

I think I'm also confused :)

In the material you select the color of your material. If in your extruder map you have the same material in all extruders then you indeed will have all materials of the same color. Normally you would have a material entry for every filament spool you have, not just use "regular" for all materials (and these profiles will be slightly different), then setting the color would make sense?
pjr

Post by pjr »

OK, I think the issue is to be able to display the main image with the colour of the filaments that will be used for the print rather than the fixed colours of Blue, Green, Red and Yellow (E1 to E4).

This is not currently possible (as far as I know), although the post-processor lets you do it.

I will add it to the feature request list.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:OK, I think the issue is to be able to display the main image with the colour of the filaments that will be used for the print rather than the fixed colours of Blue, Green, Red and Yellow (E1 to E4).

This is not currently possible (as far as I know), although the post-processor lets you do it.

I will add it to the feature request list.

Peter
Maybe I still don't understand what the issue is, but if you have material profile per filament with colors assigned and map those to extruders, then path view with dropdown set to material will show exactly that?