KISSLicer caught traingle mesh problems, what do I do about

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum

KISSLicer caught traingle mesh problems, what do I do about

Postby AnotherRndm3DPrinter » 29 Oct 2017, 13:38

n00b here. FYI the board logins are all in plaintext, so they are completely insecure.

I modified a thing from Thingiverse in Sketchup, and somehow I screwed it up. Slic3r barfed in a way that didn't help me figure out what I did wrong, so I figured I'd see what KISSlicer would do. Well, KISSlicer found the errors, and highlighted them for me. What can I do about them? I don't see anything in KISSlicer to fix them, and searching for the error message didn't find any pages, even when I forced DuckDuckGo to search this forum. Forum search didn't turn up anything relevant.

To the naked eye in Sketchup and KISSLicer, the thing looks fine. I have some green and orange errors.

Should I upload pics, the thing, the Sketchup file, or is there a general guide on how to fix this sort of thing?
AnotherRndm3DPrinter

Re: KISSLicer caught traingle mesh problems, what do I do ab

Postby pjr » 29 Oct 2017, 13:56

There are a few fix programs: Netfabb (basic), Meshmixer, www.makeprintable.com (my favourite) and a few others.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Return to General