Preload vP?

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum

Preload vP?

Postby Alexander Mundy » 06 Oct 2018, 22:12

I can't seem to find any information concerning the Preload vP value.
What print implications does it have, and how to optimize it?
User avatar
Alexander Mundy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 18:47

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Alexander Mundy » 24 Nov 2018, 08:47

Anyone? I would be very interested in the algorithm for preload or at least an explanation of what both parameters do to affect extrusion.
User avatar
Alexander Mundy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 18:47

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Cthutq » 24 Nov 2018, 10:44

Many would like to know. The creator of the slicer promised to write the instructions. There are videos on how to use tests, but the author has stopped further creating the video.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1990
Cthutq
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:45

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Hutch » 24 Nov 2018, 12:37

Preload Vp is exactly what the tooltip says it is. "How fast to preload the extruder" 25mm/s is a good start - its like retraction speed. I believe vp (along with retraction speed) are dependent on your extruder capability and drive length. Michael Hackney is the creator of the videos but not the creator of the Kisslicer - he has several other projects so more videos are likely dependant on his free time. If you are looking for further development of the videos I would suggest a donation to Michael (as I have done) if you want to support dev on Kisslicer I would buy the Premium or pro Kisslicer to help support Jonathan (I bought the premium and its fantastic). I will patiently wait for further development. This is the best slicer (i have S3d Slic3r cura etc.) it just takes some trial and error on your specific hardware.
Hutch
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 18:26

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Cthutq » 24 Nov 2018, 14:17

I am a premium user :)
Cthutq
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:45

Re: Preload vP?

Postby pjr » 24 Nov 2018, 15:32

FWIW, there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes for all users in order to improve both the product and the user guide.

Unfortunately these things do take time; please understand that everyone involved is putting in as much effort as they can afford to.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Alexander Mundy » 24 Nov 2018, 23:23

Hutch wrote:Preload Vp is exactly what the tooltip says it is. "How fast to preload the extruder" 25mm/s is a good start - its like retraction speed. I believe vp (along with retraction speed) are dependent on your extruder capability and drive length.


Unfortunately "How fast to preload the extruder" does not answer my question without knowing the inner workings of preload.

Hutch wrote:Michael Hackney is the creator of the videos but not the creator of the Kisslicer - he has several other projects so more videos are likely dependant on his free time. If you are looking for further development of the videos I would suggest a donation to Michael (as I have done)


Directed at others not me since I made no mention of videos, however I would like to say that Michael is a great and knowledgeable guy and that he has had to slow down on multiple fronts helping the community.

Hutch wrote:if you want to support dev on Kisslicer I would buy the Premium or pro Kisslicer to help support Jonathan (I bought the premium and its fantastic). I will patiently wait for further development.


I have Premium.

Hutch wrote:This is the best slicer (i have S3d Slic3r cura etc.) it just takes some trial and error on your specific hardware.


I agree, was just trying to increase my knowledge of the vP part this advanced feature to know what to expect during trial and error. Without knowing what the real world extrusion effects will be, it's crap shooting.
User avatar
Alexander Mundy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 18:47

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Cthutq » 25 Nov 2018, 03:10

Need detailed instructions and sample stl models how to do tests. I like the video more when it shows in detail what to do. English is not my native language.
Cthutq
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:45

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Hutch » 25 Nov 2018, 03:28

For what its worth my thoughts from observation - vP viscoelasity Preload is the max speed ramp down allowed of your extrusion. Pictured you can see the difference in the speed decrease the blue getting darker the only setting changed was preload vP 3 to 35 mm/s at 50mm/s I couldnt see the gradient.
Attachments
vP.png
Hutch
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 18:26

Re: Preload vP?

Postby Hutch » 25 Nov 2018, 03:39

Cthutq wrote:Need detailed instructions and sample stl models how to do tests. I like the video more when it shows in detail what to do. English is not my native language.

I think these should work for tests https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3103588/files and http://www.kisslicer.com/tuning-wizard-files.html - not my creation. Michael's videos were great. I used a lot of filament still to tune one setting and observe the changes. Sorry I don't have more detailed answers I just liked the way this thing sliced and bumped a setting at a time until i liked it.
Hutch
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 18:26

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest