Multipart Benchy

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum

Multipart Benchy

Postby pjr » 11 Sep 2017, 03:21

I have been trying to print a multi-filament Benchy for some time now, the biggest issue I have had is that the model available here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:763622/#files 3d_Benchy_Multipart_Complete has quite a large amount of damage and will not print correctly.

I had tried all the usual fix programs but without success. When I tried makeprintable.com the end result was perfect but all the meshes had been combined - no use for multiple filament printing.

I then was contacted by Faisal at MakePrintable and we had a very good discussion about this issue. He provided me with a fixed file which contains 22 meshes, which are all good; he also advised that they would include a feature on their site to enable keeping the meshes separate.

So, for anyone interested, I have attached the fixed and now KISSliceable Benchy.

Peter
Attachments
Benchyfix.zip
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Return to General